Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: MK-16/17 SCAR gallery from OEF-A

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I guess it's like anything, depends on how you're going to use it. Something like a S&B Short Dot would work pretty good as an all around optic especially for a civilian or LE. The ELCAN isn't a terrible option by any means. I personally like to have a 1X red dot so I'd probably use an ELCAN over an ACOG. The only ACOGS I've tried had pretty unforgiving eye relief. A traditional scope of some sort, preferably something lightweight, coupled with a Horus reticle might be pretty sweet too if you're mostly wanting to shoot at medium to longer ranges. I'm not any kind of authority on every different optic available for private purchase but if I had a SCAR Heavy in my safe right now I'd either be saving up for one of the new 1-8X optics or I'd just get a 1-4X ELCAN for it. I'm sure there are people out there getting good use out of their Mk-17s with Aimpoints mounted to them or even just irons, it just depends on the application.

Has anyone tried using an offset RDS on either version of the SCAR? I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work but I haven't actually tried it myself.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Im not even considering getting a scar 17 (but ive always liked them) Great write up from real world use. I enjoyed reading your feedback on the 17 and how it actually performs in a "real" enviroment. If I had the extra cash to sling, I would deff pick up a 17.

Feedback Score
    snippetty do da
    Last edited by Sttrongbow; 01-11-12 at 06:59. Reason: I actually read the damn thread.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the response. You are right and I should have been more clear, but thanks for giving general thoughts on all of the major scopes. I was meaning more along the lines of if you thought one might not be a good fit for the rifle. Your posts about the Elcan made me think it might not be such a good fit for the rifle. I am thinking a regular traditional scope might just be the best general purpose use instead of an acog or aimpoint and magnifier.

Thanks again for such a great thread!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789