Thread: MK-16/17 SCAR gallery from OEF-A

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Glad you liked the pics. I seem to remember one of the stocks breaking when we did our initial T&E of the weapons. The issue was that something came apart and allowed the stock to come completely off, i.e. the piece with numbers on it could be separated from the rest of the rifle. I can say that I abused the crap out of my stock and didn't have any problems. If I owned a SCAR I wouldn't worry about the stock too much. If you run over it with a truck or something I'm sure FN will replace it for you. I think Vltor or someone is making an M4 stock adapter if you don't trust the factory one, but I don't see a reason to not trust it.

Feedback Score
    Glad to meet a fellow Elcan lover...didn't know they were being issued to USA units....is the SCAR your personal?

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    The SpetreDR's are issued. I wouldn't say I love the Elcan, but it is nice to have a 1-4X optic. It has its pros and cons. Battery life and a great reticle are big pros. The problem with POI shift and the fact that it weighs a lot for a 4X are something to consider.
    Last edited by mkmckinley; 01-10-12 at 09:59.