Thread: MK-16/17 SCAR gallery from OEF-A

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Thanks for all the responses guys, Im glad this thread is generating some interest. Id like to answer some of the questions as well as I can.

As far as the mags, overall, they worked very well. They're steel and didn't have any feed lips bending or anything. I didn't see any mag related stoppages at all.

The charging handle is located in a good spot for me but it can bite if you're not careful. It's a training issue really. It can be placed on the right side which is a nice feature. What I really like is that you can easily lock the bolt back one handed. It totally eliminates that M4 hand jive we're all familiar with.

I generally liked the mid length barrel the best for both the MK16's and 17's. They handle recoil better and the optics and BUIS are calibrated for that length. The BDC in the SpectreDR was spot on with the middy barrels.

I'm not sure about the AAC MITER system. I wasnt aware the POI could be adjusted. I did the net training as part of getting the SCAR and they didnt mention anything about it. My POI shift was vertical so it was pretty easy to compensate for. I was impressed by the AAC ruggedness and suppression ability. We got them hot enough to melt glove and boots and they still ran fine even after many rounds.
    Last edited by mkmckinley; 01-10-12 at 10:02.