Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: How to make a Kydex holster Picture Tutorial

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No sight issues on the two piece holsters yet, I think you would be fine unless you put a real radical bend on the ears. I've only used .06 and .08 kydex though. The area that give me the most trouble is the ejection port area ( glocks more than others). A little heat gun action fixes it.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have been forming kydex using my hands for years now, but finally built a simple press and banged out a quick holster for my SF A2L.

I have some RCS holsters already, so I think my next project will be a mag + light combo, maybe even a mag + mag + light combo for plainclothes duty use.

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks again to Rezarf2 for the info, I just got done making this:

Last edited by jumbopanda; 02-12-11 at 00:05.

Feedback Score

Kydex Work

Thanks for a great and informative write up. I tried my hands at some kydex work and here's what I came up with.

I used two pieces of .093 kydex with #8-10 brass rivets (purchased from knifekits.com). The loops are made from 8 oz. Herman Oak leather. I have been running the Ameri Glo I Dot Pro sights, and decided to use a wooden dowel to help create more of a sight channel due to the sights being taller than factory.

Feedback Score
    I know it has been asked but I am still unable to find quality mounting hardware in black. I would be fine with phillips or hex heads. The hardest part seems to be the set post, sex bolts, chicago screws or any other name they seem to have. Any guidance who be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by abooth1179 View Post
    I know it has been asked but I am still unable to find quality mounting hardware in black. I would be fine with phillips or hex heads. The hardest part seems to be the set post, sex bolts, chicago screws or any other name they seem to have. Any guidance who be appreciated.
    http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/produc...oducts_id=1136

The ready most available source, but parts can be obtained individually as well at a lower cost/per with a significantly higher volume.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post

The ready most available source, but parts can be obtained individually as well at a lower cost/per with a significantly higher volume.

That is who I normally get my hardware from but I am wanting in a higher quantity and for a lot cheaper. This is what I am specifically looking for but I am open to other suggestions.

Feedback Score
    Nice work, thanks!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I haven't looked recently, but doesn't Fastenal carry them?

Quote Originally Posted by abooth1179 View Post
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are there any "high altitude" cooking instructions for the Kydex that I need to worry about?

Kidding aside, thanks for posting this.

So, about those belt loops, didn't see any update on those. They appear to be far easier and probably wouldn't take too much thought but if there are any tips/tricks... I'd very much appreciate it.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast