Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Beginners/Buyers Guide to the HK USP Series of Handguns

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lifebreath View Post
    They need to scrap the 2000 and just update the usp with a standard glock style rail. I chose the p2000 rather then the p30 because I like a rail but not a picatinny rail on a carry gun.
    I agree. The over built design for +P ammo, the better trigger, the ability to switch between variants, and the ability to remove the lockout device make the USPc a better gun, IMO. I just wish H&K would do 4 things as a company:

1) Update the rails on the USP line
    2) Make the next VP pistol G19-sized
    3) Offer a choice between push-button and lever magazines like Walther does with the PPQ (particularly since some people (like me) dump mags out of the H&Ks with the longer releases)
    4) Offer a true civilian version of the 416 (not a handgun topic, but since I'm dreaming, dream big, right?)

I think that the USP line are some of the finest handguns around, and I just need one or two things from my list to woo me away from Glock.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    So after seeing this thread and visiting my LGS I now own a full size USP 9mm. It was built in 94, is there anything that needs to be changed or replaced at this point? The safety is very stiff what can be done about that?

Feedback Score
    My BC date code USP9 had a pretty stiff safety out of the box, and it got even worse when I changed over to an ambi. What I discovered is that the grove the detent plate moves in on the safety axle had a few small burrs in it. I used a small jewelers file and removed the burrs. Now the safety engages, dis-engages and de-cocks smoothly. I'm disappointed that a 90 dollar part had to be finished, but the end result is exactly what I wanted. As a '94 run it could also just need a tear down and re-lube.
    I am not an expert, nor do I play one on the internet.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Before I sold my USP, I shot ~2000 rounds trough it...in one day.

Sumbitch never choked. If HK would update it with a standard accessory rail, this would be, in my opinion, the finest side iron ever made.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Before I sold my USP, I shot ~2000 rounds trough it...in one day.

Sumbitch never choked. If HK would update it with a standard accessory rail, this would be, in my opinion, the finest side iron ever made.
    Love this post. A 1913 rail would make it almost impossible to be beaten.

And for those who call it an Oversized Boat Anchor....

Love my OBAs

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKfreak View Post
    Love this post. A 1913 rail would make it almost impossible to be beaten.

And for those who call it an Oversized Boat Anchor....

Love my OBAs

I was consolidating down to 9mm, and figured, rather than sell it, to have some fun.

The USP series of pistols are probably the nicest factory handguns ever made. They are phenomenal weapons.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    I was consolidating down to 9mm, and figured, rather than sell it, to have some fun.

The USP series of pistols are probably the nicest factory handguns ever made. They are phenomenal weapons.
    The USP you fired 2000 through in a day was a 45 I'm assuming?

HK fired 20k rounds through a USP45 in one weekend without any parts breakages.

Feedback Score
    My USPc .40S&W is one of my favorite pistols. It points and shoots great plus it is an H&K which means you can...take it to war, fire all your bullets, beat the enemy to death with the pistol, and bring it home to pass it down to generations to come.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ight-those-be/

Which is NOT a record for the HK45. I wish I could find the thread where a lady at H&K factory stated one test pistol had a couple hundred thousand rounds through it without major work.
    Last edited by SiGfever; 04-26-15 at 10:50.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKfreak View Post
    The USP you fired 2000 through in a day was a 45 I'm assuming?

HK fired 20k rounds through a USP45 in one weekend without any parts breakages.
    It was.

That doesn't surprise me in the least. I would trust my life to an HK all day long, and twice on Sunday.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought my USP45 in the mid nineties new and it's been one of my favorites ever since. It's just an incredible pistol. It's a big gun, but I'm a big guy. I prefer the paddle mag release. The USP is one of the best guns on the planet IMO. Never had one issue with mine either, by the way. It's been flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast