Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Beginners/Buyers Guide to the HK USP Series of Handguns

Feedback Score
    Thanks, Serpico1985!

Actually have been using my middle finger in the VP9 for the release.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Amazing post!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You... you do realize this post (though informative and accurate) is almost five years old, right... ?
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    Old thread, great guns! The USP .45 sits on my nightstand. Big gun, but it's really nice shooting, and with 12+1 capacity of 230gr Federal HST, I feel adequately armed. I bought one this year, since I fear the USP line could go away, although that's just speculation.

The newer P2000 9mm is a fantastic gun with a standard Glock-style rail. It alternates, depending on circumstances, with my G19 as my EDC. Here's the USP 45 next to a G17 for comparison. Not that much bigger than 17, but feels heftier and the grip is a little larger. (Click to enlarge)

IMG_9812.JPG
    Last edited by lifebreath; 04-23-15 at 10:00.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. - Confucius

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lifebreath View Post
    Old thread, great guns! The USP .45 sits on my nightstand. Big gun, but it's really nice shooting, and with 12+1 capacity of 230gr Federal HST, I feel adequately armed. I bought one this year, since I fear the USP line could go away, although that's just speculation.
    My gut feeling, based on the introduction of the USP 9 Tactical so recently, is that the USP line will not be going anywhere anytime soon. If anything, I would expect the USP Compact/P2000 to be in danger since they are the most similar, especially with the P30sk arriving as a direct competitor to the P2000sk. The P2000 line has always been somewhat of a red-headed stepchild for H&K...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Wish those UTL's were still available along with the LED conversions.

Feedback Score

A Beginners/Buyers Guide to the HK USP Series of Handguns

They need to scrap the 2000 and just update the usp with a standard glock style rail. I chose the p2000 rather then the p30 because I like a rail but not a picatinny rail on a carry gun.
    Last edited by lifebreath; 04-23-15 at 12:32.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. - Confucius

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushing View Post
    Bringing this thread back from the dead. I tried the HK USP in 45 ACP (first time shooting 45) and I like the USP and all, but I wish the mag release paddle was a bit bigger.
    My question is whether or not it can be upgraded in any way to a wider paddle like some of the newer HK pistols?

Would be an interesting mod if possible and I really enjoy the mag release on HK pistols compared to a lot of other pistols.
    Anyway, thank you for the mass amount of information on the pistol and creating this thread, lloydkristmas.
    Judging by your post I'm going to assume that you don't currently own a USP. If you liked the USP and may be thinking about purchasing one, I'd suggest also taking a look at the HK 45 while your at it. It's an newer design with improved ergonomics and a larger magazine release paddle built into the trigger guard.

Feedback Score
    The only HK pistols I was able to try was the USP in 9 and 45 and the VP9. I'm not too sure if they have the HK45 for rental like the other pistols, but I'll look into it.
    When I first held it and shot off a few rounds I liked it a lot compared to some other pistols. Mostly because it felt like an actual pistol and met up with my expectations of what a handgun is like.
    I'm still looking forward to purchasing the VP9, if I am able to find it for a good price. One store has it for close to $700.00 and that's the standard version.

For me, I kind of got into HK pistols after watching a scene from Collateral starring Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx.

Feedback Score
    I have a HK Compact in .45 cal. Best weapon (pistol) I've owned. Better then a Glock 36 which I got rid of because of feeding problems. I swear the HK would shoot a brick out of it. I've even used semi-wad cutters with no problem. Just a great gun. It was my duty weapon until I retired a little over 4 yrs ago and I got to keep it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast