Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Beginners/Buyers Guide to the HK USP Series of Handguns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    It doesn't make a huge difference for me, but I like the USP style magazine catch more than the standard JMB style.
    Same here, but I can also see why some people wouldnt like it.....A lot of guys who I let try the USP (who have never shot HKs before) have a hell of a time with the mag release. I guess its one of those things you have to get used to, but once you do, you learn to like it.

Im used to the USP mag release, and I dont care for the pushbutton style a la Glock, Sig, etc

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe it's my smaller "girlie hands" but my mag changes are waaay faster and smoother. The amount of adjustment of the pistol in hand for the followup is minmial as well. More likely a training issue at this point, but it sure doesn't seem like it.

Feedback Score
    Bringing this thread back from the dead. I tried the HK USP in 45 ACP (first time shooting 45) and I like the USP and all, but I wish the mag release paddle was a bit bigger.
    My question is whether or not it can be upgraded in any way to a wider paddle like some of the newer HK pistols?

Would be an interesting mod if possible and I really enjoy the mag release on HK pistols compared to a lot of other pistols.
    Anyway, thank you for the mass amount of information on the pistol and creating this thread, lloydkristmas.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Yes: http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Exten...s-200p1669.htm

Also, try using your primary hand trigger finger to manipulate the mag catch, with a little practice it's very fast and intuitive.
    Last edited by Serpico1985; 04-20-15 at 20:58.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, Serpico1985!

Actually have been using my middle finger in the VP9 for the release.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Amazing post!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You... you do realize this post (though informative and accurate) is almost five years old, right... ?
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    I have a .40 USP compact with the factory LEM option and I can't imagine EVER using this pistol in DAO. Trigger pull is insane, feels like about 20-24 pounds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FishTaco View Post
    I have a .40 USP compact with the factory LEM option and I can't imagine EVER using this pistol in DAO. Trigger pull is insane, feels like about 20-24 pounds.
    How does the factory LEM option compare to what I've seen mentioned as "light" LEM configuration? I'm not a huge fan of DA/SA, so I am very motivated to look into changing my pending USPc into a LEM variant.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    A good way to think of a LEM trigger is this: a DA/SA trigger that de-cocks itself every time you release the trigger.

The light lem triggers can easily get into the mid 4lb range depending on the particular HK gun you have. 4 springs affect the trigger weight: trigger return spring, hammer spring, firing pin block spring and the sear spring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast