As a new AR owner (but not a new shooter, AR or otherwise) it is nice to have a place look for information. I read more then post and have been studying other sources on the AR for quite awhile.

As someone who will benefit from this thread I only ask that the elitism that appears in so many other threads be left outside this thread. I know that my AR might not stand up to the use and abuse that the pros put their carbines through, I know guns pretty well on the whole, but I have seen a number of instances where a new user asking a question gets told that should have just spent another $100 or $200 more and got whatever favor of high-end, pro grade hardware they prefer. Instead it would be nice to see some real answers to the questions.

I also know about the search function. I use it regularly, which is why I read more then post, but search results can be very daunting for new users who not only don't know the answers but sometimes don't know how to ask the question. My wife can bullseye a target with any of her or my rifles but would not even begin to know how to ask about gas keys.

Any way, thank you to the folks running the site, this thread is much appreciated. Please take this as feedback from a happy user and not as a rant.