Thread: ... rifle. Comments & criticisms welcome.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

... rifle. Comments & criticisms welcome.

*In the interest of no longer misleading anyone, thread title updated.*
    Well, not exactly a 30 caliber... So this is as close as I'm getting to a "battle rifle" until I can afford an SR-25EMC or the SCAR 17s gets a lot more time in civilian hands.

Specs:

Upper is a VLTØR VIS 3AK, rifle length.

Barrel is White Oak Armament 16" 6.8 SPC 1:11 twist SPC-II with mid-length gas and a VLTØR Low profile set screw gas block. I used this jig to dimple the barrel and this jig to drill for the taper pin install.

Muzzle device is a Smith Enterprises Vortex 6.8

Bolt is I.T.S. Super bolt from AR Performance using a BCM carrier. (Extra Bolt from W.O.A., cam pin, firing pin and fprp in the grip). Both bolts use BCM extractor spring upgrades.

BCM Mod4 Gunfighter charging handle.

Also using a KAC handstop & KAC railpanels I stippled myself. A few pieces of Magpul ladder on there too.

Gear Sector 3045 Sling socket & 3120 Scout mount slightly modified to clear the front sight using a Surefire M600C Scout.

Optics:
    BUIS are Knight's Armament Micro front and 200-600 Micro rear.

Main optic is a Trijicon ACOG TA31H-68 in a Larue Tactical right side lever mount. (I forgot the #)EDIT: LT622-SDO
    CQB optic is an Aimpoint T-1 Micro in a Larue Tactical LT-724 offset mount. T-1 battery cap was replaced with a KAC cap with extra battery storage.

Lower: Knight's Armament SR-15 IWS E3.

Did the setscrew/captive takedown pin spring mod, and used a HK 416 Battle Grip

Magpul UBR stock & an H buffer.

Scalloped right side ambi safety selector from KAC.

KNS pins with the right side slightly modified to fit the KAC lower. (*Yes, I know, but they're cheap insurance as far as I'm concerned.)

Sling is a Blue Force Gear Vickers padded model with built in qd's.

Mags from PRI.

ETA: Not pictured but the barrel has been dimpled by Marvin @ Nefarious Arms. UBR strikeplate too, just cause.

*Had the barrel dimpled & gunkoted, switched to a MIAD.

*Sorry for the cell pics.
    Last edited by kdcgrohl; 05-30-12 at 12:56. Reason: Updates.