Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Dissapator Barrel"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I need to start posting more pictures of them to get the word out. I think when more people see pictures of the configuration that it currently is in (not the images shown), that they will lust for it in a bad way.
    Firstly, all your compositions seem to install the 'want' factor … (just FYI)

Secondly, have you had a chance to run this at all. Care to share thoughts on weight, handling and the like?

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Awesome. All you need to do is post up a few pics of one wearing some rifle-length MOE's and you'll sell out the first batch

I still want one with a pinned Vltor flip front...
    I heard rumor that one of our favorite distributors has had a dissy waiting in the winds for quite a while... the hold up? Waiting on Magpul rifle length MOEs.
    Remember, the Founding Fathers reason for the 2nd Amendment... to combat tyranny. Sadly, when people discuss the 2nd Amendment, the opponents erroneously think it was meant to stand alone... it HAS a preamble:

"...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security..."

— John Hancock

Feedback Score

"Dissapator Barrel"

Thanks to everyone for your advice. I think ChicagoTex knew what i was contemplating w/ a 20" bbl. I`ll look into the middy config. first.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    You will be happy with a mid length. Check out BCM's website they we're having a great sale last time I checked.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    The way you see that upper is how it came, though I added the DD Omage rail myself. I did no wrenching on this weapon.
    Was this a special order from BCM? I don't see it on their site.

Thanks
    Bill

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    All you need to do is post up a few pics of one wearing some rifle-length MOE's and you'll sell out the first batch

Of course I wouldn't know anything about Rifle Length MOE handguards, but I do like the way you think.

I have little doubt in my mind that the upcoming Magpul MOE (Mid & Rifle Length) handguards are going to put a dent in the rail sales
    of many dealers.

The ability to mount a light and VFG will serve the primary needs of many shooters.

The ability to mount the light out far in a dissipator will reduce barrel shadowing with lights, while still giving shooters the ability to grasp the handguard in an extended reach.

The ability to do it dirt cheap while retaining typical Magpul quality will make most shooters smile.
    Last edited by Stickman; 09-09-10 at 19:57.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by of188 View Post
    Was this a special order from BCM? I don't see it on their site.

Thanks
    Bill

I believe they are deciding whether or not to release this as a standard item.

A new thread was started regarding the BCM Dissy.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?...d=1#post754561
    Last edited by Stickman; 09-09-10 at 22:53.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Stick, one last question. What's the barrel profile on that upper?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Stickman

I have a pair of MOE handguards on one o my rifles and an M4 side mounted sling mount. I have the Magpul light kit on the right side o the handguard. It gets the TLR1 out front but it sticks out so gar it turns on in my rifle case and smokes the batteries. With the MOE VFG my two point sling is in the way and I can not reach my TLR1 to turn it on. So the VFG came off. It is still a battery killer. How do you mount lights on the MOE rail.

With a single point sling it would not be as much of an issue. But I've done so much trying to get the inexpensive MOE handguards to work and the more I think about it I think another DD Omega would solve my issues and do it better. Yes it is more money but I just think it would work better for me. Is ther a sling mount i. The works for the MOE?
    Last edited by usmcvet; 09-09-10 at 20:08.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    There's a MOE MVG under my mit, and you can just see a TLR-1 on the right side of this 11.5" SBR. I freakin' LOVE it! Makes me neglect the other 20 some odd weapons in my safe... I simply go over the top with my thump to activate the TLR-1. For whatever reason (only a photo for the sling mount) I gripped a bit lower than usual in this picture. My thump generally rides on top of the MOE hand guard.

I'm sure I'd run a MOE equipped Dissapator the same way with much more room to extend my grip.

Last edited by Zeus; 09-10-10 at 00:41.
    Remember, the Founding Fathers reason for the 2nd Amendment... to combat tyranny. Sadly, when people discuss the 2nd Amendment, the opponents erroneously think it was meant to stand alone... it HAS a preamble:

"...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security..."

— John Hancock

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast