Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offset mount for E-Series flashlight

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Offset mount for E-Series flashlight

I would like to mount an E series flashlight in an offset, quick/easy detach mount. Unfortunately, the only mount I could find is Larue and it puts the flashlight too far from the rail.
    However, while looking at other products, I thought what if I took the spacer from VTAC and used it in a VLTOR offset mount with E-series flashlight. Has anybody tried this? Would this work/not work?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Check Danger Close.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I did, however, their mounts are not quick detach and I am not too sure about the little set screw that holds the mount.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Perhaps you are working too hard to force a solution when something easier may already exist to fit your needs.
    Last edited by Jay Cunningham; 04-14-10 at 12:09.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Danger Close for sure. Im very happy with the mount i have from them. Holds tight to the rail, locks in solid, and is made for what you want.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    LT, VLTOR, VTAC, DangerClose, and GearSector all have good mounts for this application.

On E series lights, it makes the most sense to just leave it mounted, so the Danger Close or Gear Sector are the leading options. If you must have a QD mounted light, an LT/SF Package is worth a look. The VLTOR scouts are great, and would be the middle road for your uses, but I'd decide either way in your case, and probably for the fixed light mount, as recommended above.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies guys.
    My thinking is this: Since I have more than one rifle, and don't want to buy a dedicated flashlight for each, having a quality flashlight in QD mount would allow me to easily move it on a particular rifle.
    I may end up getting the VTAC liner and trying it with the VLTOR to see how that comes out.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Just got the Danger Close mount and LOVE it! Extremely light and well built, hugs the rail nicely for minimal bulk. This mount is a huge WIN!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Danger close mount QD sling hole?

On the danger close web site, the picture show the danger close e-series light holder with what looks like a QD sling swivel hole in it?

Is it a QD? Or is it just a hole to lighten the mount?

Thnx
    VIOLENCE OF ACTION..........DON'T HESITATE.

Feedback Score
    Andy, did you ever try this out? I'm curious about the results.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast