Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to the AR? Need help with your first purchase? READ HERE FIRST!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I sold my C4 for $500 and have regretted it. Fun one to have and a good way to send 9mm 100yds. Some folks hate the look. Cleaning never presented too much of an issue.

Regarding your AR choices. I own 5 Bushmasters and no real issues. I'm a paper killing civilian. However, it's better to cry once than cry twice. I have since over the last 5-6 years done a ton of research shooting and wondering around this forum and others. Of yours listed I would go Colt.

Not bashing Bushy just saying if I could do it over I would probably go big. I'm a DDefense fan. Back to the C4 though I bought it used for $450 and someone lost big on that deal.

Feedback Score
    i looked on gun broker and the prices on used cx4's are really low. do you really think its a bad swing, the difference in price would be 600 + fees for the new colt

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Hijack

Hey guys, I don't want to accuse any body of highjacking my thread, but what does a Beretta 9mm have to do with it?
    I still need to know that to look for/avoid in a lower.
    Last edited by hals1; 08-23-10 at 21:58.

Feedback Score
    I went looking at AR's and noticed some uppers and lowers were fit loose and some were fit tight. which ones are better buy? also, do they get looser over time? and will putting pressure on the upper and lower in opposite directions make it looser? (i was told no....)

Feedback Score
    how much is good to spend on a 1st AR

Feedback Score

help

also. what else do you need to buy when buying an AR. please provide a list of the necessary things to buy. thanks

Feedback Score
    Can you help me in suggesting optimal barrel for my new AR-10 .308 caliber? I want high range and I’m using DPMS Style low profile upper receiver, Forward Assist, Ejection Port Cover, A2 Style Flash Hider, 308 light profile free float handguard, 308 Bolt Carrier Group, 308 Charging Handle.

Feedback Score
    Want a custom built AR under $1400 as a beginner.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gordonjustus View Post
    Want a custom built AR under $1400 as a beginner.
    No, you don't.

I mean, if it's your only rifle and you don't plan to use for HD, go for it. Build a light, colorful, range toy.

For 1400, go with these few options, especially as a beginner:
    Colt 6920
    BCM Midlength
    BCM in General.
    Hell, even your price range permits some high level factory options of rails and furniture.

Seriously though. Spend 800-900 on a colt, buy an aimpoint/higher end optic, and use the rest of the cash for a class or ammo. Or both. Then, shoot it. A lot.

If I had 1400 laying around for a rifle, I would do that today.

If you want to build a rifle, that's cool, but you won't know what you need out of your rifle for a few thousand rounds out of a basic, out of the box, reliable model.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 09-28-17 at 16:40.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    No, you don't.

I mean, if it's your only rifle and you don't plan to use for HD, go for it. Build a light, colorful, range toy.

For 1400, go with these few options, especially as a beginner:
    Colt 6920
    BCM Midlength
    BCM in General.
    Hell, even your price range permits some high level factory options of rails and furniture.

Seriously though. Spend 800-900 on a colt, buy an aimpoint, and use the rest of the cash for a class or ammo. Or both. Then, shoot it. A lot.
    That’s good advice. Follow it. Figure out what you want and need. Start with a good carbine as stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast