Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Be an informed consumer!

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Great article. Everyone should read this.

Feedback Score
    31 (97%)
    Thank you for providing this information.

Feedback Score
    Thank you. I always appreciate the wealth of information on this site.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score
    31 (97%)
    Great discussion. Thank you for having this debate. Very informative.

Feedback Score
    This really is a great discussion. What I find amazing are the companies that produce sub standard equipment...It may sound naive, but why bother? especially when all it takes is a little bit more effort to manufacture something you can be proud to put into the public arena...That's my opinion and yes I know that the almighty dollar trumps quality too often but I don't have to accept it. And I certainly don't have to buy it, so thanks to you folks that give a shit and thanks to the OP for putting light to it.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” W. Churchill

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hill View Post
    This really is a great discussion. What I find amazing are the companies that produce sub standard equipment...It may sound naive, but why bother? especially when all it takes is a little bit more effort to manufacture something you can be proud to put into the public arena...That's my opinion and yes I know that the almighty dollar trumps quality too often but I don't have to accept it. And I certainly don't have to buy it, so thanks to you folks that give a shit and thanks to the OP for putting light to it.
    Three reasons for why they do it (IMHO). First, they don't know anything. Second, cost. Third is that they do not believe the consumer is either educated enough to know the difference OR won't shoot enough to ever find a problem.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 11-21-11 at 12:59.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Three reasons for why they do it (IMHO). First, they don't know anything. Second, cost. Third is that they do not believe the consumer is either educated enough to know the difference OR won't shoot enough to ever find a problem.

C4
    I was just part of a thread covering this which was eventually locked due to number 3 (another forum). A poster compared his DPMS to his Colt saying that he could see no difference b/w the two. When asked how he was able to make that judgment considering his shooting habits a defensive shit storm followed.

I also am a strong believer that they (the manufacturers) are very aware of what it takes to build a quality product but refuse due to the majority of consumers being as described in 3 and the fact that it would cut into their profits.

It doesn't take much effort to search out enough information to know better.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm sure that some companies know or at least have an idea of what it takes to make a solid AR, but my guess is that many manufacturers just don't know and probably don't care. Their goal is to sell guns and make money, as long as they can do that, then why change?

A similar argument can be made with Colt, every rifle they make for the government is bought before it's made and they are giving the customer what they want. So why change? It just so happens that Colt makes what we consider good stuff while other companies don't.

Feedback Score
    Useful info. Thanks grant for sharing.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast