Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone run just the 3.5# connector on their Glock?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Anyone run just the 3.5# connector on their Glock?

Hi folks-

Title pretty much says it. Anyone run the 3.5# connector (no NY1 spring) on their defensive Glock (carry, training, or home use)?

Feedback Score
    That's what's in my 34 came with it, never saw a reason to change it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm running that setup in my 19 and 21SF. Unless you polish all the contact points the trigger is not that light at all with just the 3.5# connector.

Feedback Score
    31 (97%)
    I have and do. If I remember correctly the new (-) factory connectors are 4.5# now even though everyone still refers to them as 3.5#. But don't ask me why or where I heard that as I can't remember

Feedback Score
    I run all mine with the factory minus connector and standard springs. From a G34 to my carry G26. I like the softer break of the OEM vs. a Ghost or a Lone Wolf. The Ghost and Lone Wolf are good but don't feel as soft. They have a crisp but sharper break to me. I like my triggers with a roll trigger feel.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioFinance View Post
    I have and do. If I remember correctly the new (-) factory connectors are 4.5# now even though everyone still refers to them as 3.5#. But don't ask me why or where I heard that as I can't remember
    I talked to a Glock Armorer about this and he said the connector itself is 3.5# but once installed the other factory springs (firing pin and trigger spring) give the trigger a 4.5# feel.

BTW, I have a Glock 17 and the only internal modification I have done is a Glockworx race connector.
    Last edited by BMWguy206; 06-12-10 at 13:27.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Factory (-) connectors and standard springs for me as well. I went back to this after trying the NY1 combo for a while and not liking it.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Factory (-) connectors and standard springs for me as well. I went back to this after trying the NY1 combo for a while and not liking it.

Same here

From the 19 I own now and all future Glocks I own they'll have the (-) connector.

Feedback Score
    I don't care for the break on the 3.5# connector.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioFinance View Post
    If I remember correctly the new (-) factory connectors are 4.5# now even though everyone still refers to them as 3.5#. But don't ask me why or where I heard that as I can't remember
    That is also what I was told by the armorer who worked on my trigger. He installed the 3.5# connector, polished contact points, and swapped out a spring or two. When I purchase another Glock I suspect it'll get the same treatment unless of course there are good reasons not to due to safety or legal concerns. I've never had to use a weapon for defense but it seems to me like anything that makes the weapon easier to shoot accurately would relate to an increase in safety for all involved, with the exception of the target naturally. If someone more knowledgeable than I could outline some of these concerns they may be something to consider when deciding on the proper trigger for a defense weapon. Thoughts?
    "These skills, just like the fundamentals, are not received on birth. They must be taught, understood, and practiced to maintain proficiency. And like martial arts and copulation, they aren't learned from the internet, a video game, or a magazine article." - Failure2Stop

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast