Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul Quadstack Magazine - patent filed

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

SLFAP

Why? Another happy meal toy from Magpul...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriumphRat675 View Post
    What kind of teething problems did the AK74 quads have? Were they a similar design? Glancing at the patent (with all my years of mechanical training I received with my liberal arts degree) it looks like those spring-loaded bails might be susceptible to getting clogged up with debris.
    They had durability problems and started having reliability problems with age (springs maybe?). I wouldn't expect either from Magpul. Not sure if the Ruskies got theirs sorted out. Its been since I've looked and info is hard to come by. One advantage the 74 quad has over an AR15 quad is the 74 mag is able to stay quad stack almost all the way to the top due to a lack of mag well.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss Hogg View Post
    If it's close, does the US Patent Office grant patents to a design that's very similar to something that's already been released somewhere else in the world? (The EU patent office does not IIRC)
    74 mag is a bit different. Even if they were filled to the same office I would guess each would get their own patent.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MK18Pilot View Post

Because if it ain't colt, it ain't s#$&t

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What are the other happy meal toys you're referencing?
    "I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Cool. There was an Italian 9mm SMG that used a similar type magazine back in the 80's. Spectre M4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectre_M4
    Last edited by Cagemonkey; 06-08-10 at 18:58.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Mara View Post
    They had durability problems and started having reliability problems with age (springs maybe?). I wouldn't expect either from Magpul. Not sure if the Ruskies got theirs sorted out. Its been since I've looked and info is hard to come by. One advantage the 74 quad has over an AR15 quad is the 74 mag is able to stay quad stack almost all the way to the top due to a lack of mag well.
    The AK-200 will be coming with 60 round quad stacked mags. They have been demoed and appear to have all the problems worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cagemonkey View Post
    Cool. There was an Italian 9mm SMG that used a similar type magazine back in the 80's. Templar might know.
    That would be a Spectre M4.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keesh View Post
    The AK-200 will be coming with 60 round quad stacked mags. They have been demoed and appear to have all the problems worked out.

That would be a Spectre M4.
    Just found it on wikipedia and did an edit to my post.

Feedback Score
    I'll try one when it comes out, why not. New toys are fun!!!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Versus 30- and 40-round mags of any make and those 3000 Miles to Graceland snail-drum abortions as an ammo source for the IAR? Not only yeah, but f**k yeah, it's got merit.

Are you suggesting a viable alternative? Because if you're not, what's to distinguish your above from all of your oher nigh-unsupportable snarking from behind a screen-name because you think it's cool?

We get it. If it's not from Colt, you don't like it. If it's Magpul, it's not Colt, so you don't like it. Get a new gimmick, already, or at least use the shoddy one you have to submit something with meat on it's bones.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I REALLY hope this works as well as the P-MAG. This would be perfect for home defense usage on standby. 50 rounds of GTFO on hand w/out a mag coupler or redi-mag.
    Do you have any idea what it would cost to fix the drywall after letting loose with that?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast