Thread: Magpul MIAD/MOE grip inserts

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Magpul MIAD/MOE grip inserts

I had no idea the MIAD grip inserts fit the MOE till yesterday while stumbling around on an AR parts website.

Particularly for those with inserts in an MOE grip, how well do they store AAs or CR123s? Do they keep them pretty rattle free?

Also, I'd like yalls opinion. I will have an Eotech 512 (AAs) and my tac light which uses 123s on my rifle. Which batteries would yall keep in the grip? I'm thinking spares for the eotech would be more important.

Thanks
    Personal security provided by: Sig Sauer, S&W, Ruger, and Daniel Defense

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well I have to say that this is pleasant news for me as well.

Can anyone verify this? It makes complete sense that Magpul would do this, and it is kind of a no-brainer but before I drop the cash I would love to hear some verification.

For the OP

In regards to your question about batteries I would go for the optic first, but before I did that I would consider making sure that all of your electronics use the same actual battery. Why add more complications to an already complex system. I would sell the 512 and get an XPS, I love mine.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    There's a magpul video on YouTube at the shot show, I think it's video 1 or 2 of the 2009 show where the guy is talking about the MOE grip and pulls out the storage cap and it was one of the inserts. That's how I first came to know about it.

Well, I hear what you're saying Mac, but I got a very sweet deal on a 512 so I took it. Plus I like the cost and availability of AAs
    Personal security provided by: Sig Sauer, S&W, Ruger, and Daniel Defense

Feedback Score
    I can confirm from personal experience that the MIAD pods fit the MOE grip just fine.

I have the 2X AA one installed in mine. It holds 4 CR2032 batteries in their blister packs with no rattles. The plug for this is O ring sealed so no moisture gets inside.

See attached photo:

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have the bolt/firing pin storage insert in mine.
    WTB:
    SA M-7 Classic blonde stock sets
    Bulgy ((10))/((E)) steel mags
    Bulgy T3 takeoff stock sets
    30-caliber magazine clips?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I pulled the standard "insert" that comes with the MIAD out. I can get more "stuff" in there than the neat little inserts can hold. I've been using a piece of closed foam weatherstripping cut to size to stop the rattling.

I can fit the Battery Holder described here https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=56954 in my MIAD and I'm getting a list of the different Torx, philips, and slothead screws I have on my gun (sights, BAD, RDS, etc.) and I'll have a hex bit for each size in the MIAD to service my gun.

I don't think there is a "neater" setup than the Magpul Inserts but I don't think they are an efficient use of space.
    Last edited by ucrt; 07-01-10 at 12:56.

Feedback Score
    I have the AA MIAD/MOE grip insert. The batteries do not rattle around in the grip and there's a seal for the top that will keep them dry should your carbine somehow end up submerged in water.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I use the MagPul/MOE inserts to keep a copy of the NFA Forms just in case I forget to bring them. I keep these in a zip lock to keep them from getting wet and roll them into the grips.
    Last edited by CarlosDJackal; 07-01-10 at 15:18.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    I have the MIAD (2)123 inserts in all four of my MOE equipped carbines.

The only reason I bought the inserts was because I didn't like the way the MOE caps flopped around. First time at the range the cap flew out on the first round fired.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I used electrical tape to cluster 2 aa batts an 2cr123s shoved them in there they dont even rattle.