Page 23 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Comp muzzle brake

Feedback Score
    We have been running the battle comp on a SCAR of late with very good results

we have 35 shooters in this weekend for a carbine class we are going to pass it around pretty heavy and spin it on a few guns so far the comp has performed well i was standing up range about 40 yards with no ear pro on behind the shooter of the scar with it on the gun it had a very unique sound to it

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Punctuation helps us old folks understand what the hell you mean... not being a dick, seriously. I'm very interested in a couple of these. Especially one for a pinned 14.5"
    Last edited by Zeus; 06-17-10 at 21:40.
    Remember, the Founding Fathers reason for the 2nd Amendment... to combat tyranny. Sadly, when people discuss the 2nd Amendment, the opponents erroneously think it was meant to stand alone... it HAS a preamble:

"...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security..."

— John Hancock

Feedback Score
    Sorry, Did not know I was being graded today.

The brake works very effective
    Last edited by Steve; 06-17-10 at 22:59.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Long day with the Cadets... was probably just tired. I don't bounce back like I used to.
    Remember, the Founding Fathers reason for the 2nd Amendment... to combat tyranny. Sadly, when people discuss the 2nd Amendment, the opponents erroneously think it was meant to stand alone... it HAS a preamble:

"...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security..."

— John Hancock

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post
    Focus on the extended version for pin&weld applications PLEEEEZ???

I got a 14.5" BCM middy build in the works that is in desperate need of one.

My Flip MinoHD video camera is ready to post videos of the finished product....
    +1 on this as well I have a 14.5 middy in need o
    as well

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGGodfather View Post
    The BABC is just over 2" long, but it handles a variety of loads, from 6.5 to 7.62 x 51.
    Alan,

BC question,

Will the batch that is expected Monday ship with crush washer? It does not say *crush washer included/not included* on on your website. I don't know if you are selling spares on your website or not.

I do not trust the local gunshops to not sell used cw's.

BABC Question

2" in length, ___"added to barrel length

How much length is added to the barrel?

Willl it, by design, bring a 7.62 14.5" barrel perm-attached > 16"?
    Last edited by noctis; 06-18-10 at 10:49.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noctis View Post
    Alan,

BC question,

Will the batch that is expected Monday ship with crush washer? It does not say *crush washer included/not included* on on your website. I don't know if you are selling spares on your website or not.

I do not trust the local gunshops to not sell used cw's.

BABC Question

2" in length, ___"added to barrel length

How much length is added to the barrel?

Willl it, by design, bring a 7.62 14.5" barrel perm-attached > 16"?
    Sorry it's been awhile, but it's been a busy week at all my jobs.

Yes, all BattleComps ship with a crush washer. It only says so on the Home Page, so I will clarify on the Buy Page.

So folks know, our second batch of BattleComp 1.0s went to the laser etcher yesterday. We fully expect to ship no later than June 21, as promised. Pre-orders have been brisk again, but we doubled production, so we hope not to sell out in just three days again.

As to how much the BABC actually adds to the end of a barrel, I have not measured how much it actually adds, but also understand we are still doing some minor fine tuning for SBR's. Marty can provide the current specifications, but they could change a little, and he has been busy overseeing production and quality assurance.

I told him we need to concentrate on 16" bbls as the control, since it accommodates the largest number of users. Flash tends not to be an issue with 16" bbls or longer, but as the barrels get shorter, oftentimes, more powder is left unburnt and burns outside the barrel, which brings its challenges. Fortunately, our peripheral vent pattern assists with disrupting it, but it is normal to see a somewhat brighter flash with shorter barrels, especially if dirty ammunition is being used. A good, high-quality defensive load tends to work very well.

We are still settling into this whole supply and demand thing. We are getting there, and we anticipate demand will continue to grow, based on the reviews and who is reviewing them. We should get a SOCOM report by the end of August, so keep your fingers crossed.

Yes, we sell spare crush washers on our Buy Page. It is the last item.

For the BABC, yes, its OAL length would automatically bring a 14.5" bbl to at least 16.1" OAL. There is no pre-drilled hole; however, in the BABC. Only the BattleComp 1.5 will come pre-drilled, as it is intended for folks who need to a permanent fixture to meet 16.1 OAL for 5.56/.223, and the BC1.5 is due after the BABC hits the market.

Also, all BattleComps are made from stainless steel, not carbon steel, as the nickel content improves structural strength.

We are expecting a busy weekend (my oldest daughter turns 3 years old), and I will be on vacation from the Police Department until July 6th, so I should have some time to ensure your questions are answered. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Hope that helped!

Lastly, since G&R Tactical is one of our exclusive distributors, G&R will be a holding contest here at M4C for two free BattleComp 1.0s soon after the 21st.

Stay tuned for that, too.

Have a great weekend, and best to everyone,
    Alan
    Last edited by PRGGodfather; 06-18-10 at 12:17.
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Feedback Score
    List of guys wanting the BC1.5
    (This is a subtle attempt to push the 1.5 along.... )

jp0319
    Zeus +2
    Neo Mara
    nickdrak
    Joe R.
    Morg308
    KingsideRook
    rob_s
    koz +2
    Biggy
    edmorseiii
    TOMTOM
    MookNW

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I was finally able to get my BC 1.0 out today. I put 500 rounds of Wolf through it mounted on a 6920. I looked like this all morning. I let two other shooters run it as well. All three of us were impressed. Following boarding house rules, after those who have gotten their first helping I think I'll go back for seconds and mount one on my backup carbine. I'm attending a carbine class next weekend and want to get some more shooters behind it.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Koz:

Thanks, brother. Yes, we get it!

The only problem is, we only have one genius, and he's focused on getting the BABC online ASAP. There is a pretty huge demand for it, too.

Just know we're burning it at both ends in an effort to bring you all the best tactical comps and the best customer service we can muster.

Don't worry, we won't forget you guys -- but let me ask you, how many should we run off for the first batch of BC1.5s? 100? More?

Let us know.

Have a great weekend,
    Alan
    Last edited by PRGGodfather; 06-19-10 at 17:59.
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Page 23 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast