Page 15 of 172 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Comp muzzle brake

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Aherne View Post
    What do yu mean, Steve? Did it work as advertised? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Patrick,

brother how are you.

no i was spinning it off an on the gun and a few various others
    I have more to do before Im 100% sold i have a match this saturday and 3 classes to teach during the upcoming weeks of this month
    so far im very impressed i need to get some indoor runs done as well

But as of right now its great unit
    I want to get it in some students hands over the next week or 2 and let them judge
    that said so i open here

I have PWS on a lot of my guns..and I consider Todd a good buddy of mine... i also own and use SF556 as well and a few others

this freaking thing works great......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Mara View Post
    I'd be very interested in the longer version for finishing off a 14.5 with a permanent attachment. If it turns out to be doable please let us know how many units it would take!
    Yes, if it is a number thing I am sure we could get that accomplished. I want a standard one anyways, but one long enough to make a 14.5" 16" would be awesome and I would order one as soon as available.

Ed
    Last edited by edmorseiii; 06-08-10 at 07:54.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    According to Marty, there are some minor issues with machining, to include catching fire during the process -- but titanium is possible.

What the cost would be is anyone's guess -- and yes, it would be even lighter than our BattleComp 1.0, which is already half an ounce lighter than the A2 -- but we suspect it would NOT be nearly as affordable. I am also told there may be some erosion issues with titanium as a muzzle device, but I don't know since we don't really play with it.

Please let us run out some numbers, and if you can get enough folks together for a special M4C group buy, this could be attainable.

Now, if we used titanium; it really would be like having a piece of NASA on your rifle, wouldn't it?

Be safe,
    Alan
    Last edited by PRGGodfather; 06-08-10 at 22:03.
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Congrats to all the guy's at Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC!

It's nice to see the American entrepreneur spirit alive and well. M4C.com is a phenomenal place for great minds and like minded individuals to come together and bring their thoughts and ideas to fruition. Sounds like you gentleman are excited and enthusiastic about your products, that is greatly beneficial to your goals.

I would like to know if you guy's are planning any muzzle devices for other platforms; AK, M14, etc...?
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Got to shoot mine a little this weekend, and I like it a lot.

Comparisons to the Triple Tap: Without being on the same gun they are very close in effectiveness. One thing about the TT (other people have confirmed this) is even in daylight every 3-5 rounds you get a large muzzle flash. None was experienced with the BC. Noise is similar with an edge to the BC (neither overly loud at all). No one on the line gave me dirty looks or made any comments about it rocking their skulls which is always good...

Id like to get more rounds down through it shortly....

I don't have the ability to shoot at night but Im sure other people can give a report on that. Judging from the indoor vids on youtube its doesn't look like it has much flash at all.

I think if you guys make an NT4 mount version (maybe inconel?) it would eliminate any need for the TT @ $430.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I am looking forward to try one of these out to replace my SF MB556K. I love that thing (SF MB556k) because it works sooo damn good at keeping the dot on-target during rapid fire, but it (SF MB556k) is just too damn loud for a patrol rifle (especially indoors).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGGodfather View Post
    What the cost would be is anyone's guess -- and yes, it would even lighter than our BattleComp 1.0, which is already half an ounce lighter than the A2 -- but we suspect it would NOT be nearly as affordable.
    To me, what makes the weight savings from a titanium brake worth it is the fact that the weight comes off the very end of the barrel where it makes the most difference. I'd gladly pay a premium for that.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    All of the reviews so far have got me pretty interested in picking up one of the BC 1.0s for my 12.5" SBR.

I would also be very interested in one of the 7.62mm models when available. I'm planning out a 13" SBR build on an FAL and would be willing to try one out on that rifle. Any projected pricing on the 7.62 version?

Feedback Score
    I'm on the list for the next shipment. The posted media and reviews impressed me enough to jump in. I look forward to trying the BattleComp out!

Feedback Score
    It looks like I'm going to have to get one of these to try. My PWS FSC556 has been good to go for me, but the videos of the guy shooting the Battle Comp with one hand full-auto was all I needed to see.

Page 15 of 172 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast