Page 115 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1720

Thread: Battle Comp muzzle brake

Feedback Score
    Was just wondering if anyone has run several thousand rounds through thes BCs and if so has there been any erosion/corrosion of the slits in the BC? Are they good for the long haul?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by welchtactical View Post
    I did videos with both the Triple Tap and the Battle Comp... See which ended up on all my rifles?
    Thanks for the videos. I like the rapid fire videos with the BC. I would love to see the same thing with the KAC next to the BC on similar setups. The second video with the mounted camera, offers no real comparison from the viewer's perspective as the video shakes with every pull of the trigger. The grouping was nice though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LRB45 View Post
    Was just wondering if anyone has run several thousand rounds through thes BCs and if so has there been any erosion/corrosion of the slits in the BC? Are they good for the long haul?
    I think this is the reason Knights used iconel for the material to resist corrosion. I too am curious as to anyone who has a few thousand rounds through a BC outside of someone from BCE. I am considering a BC for my next middy.

Feedback Score
    PRGGodfather,

Have tried to order a battlecomp from the webstore. It doesn't allow international orders.

Is there anyway I can obtain a battlecomp 1.0, love to put one on my Sabre 20" to compare with a JP cooley brake sitting on the muzzle now...

Thanks,

Bas

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The BCs are $150, if you can afford enough ammo to burn one down, you can afford another

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Bert View Post
    I think this is the reason Knights used iconel for the material to resist corrosion. I too am curious as to anyone who has a few thousand rounds through a BC outside of someone from BCE. I am considering a BC for my next middy.
    Inconel was indeed used by Knight's Armament in the initial TTB. This is because the whole purpose of the Triple Tap Break was to serve as a sacrificial first baffle when a short barrel (read 11.5" or less) AR was used with the Knight's Armament NT4-QDSS suppressor. The thinking was that replacing a muzzle device was easier and more cost effective than replacing a whole can. Inconel was indeed used to prevent EROSION (corrosion is caused by chemicals, not by a mechanical process) but not how you are thinking.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuiper View Post
    PRGGodfather,

Have tried to order a battlecomp from the webstore. It doesn't allow international orders.

Is there anyway I can obtain a battlecomp 1.0, love to put one on my Sabre 20" to compare with a JP cooley brake sitting on the muzzle now...

Thanks,

Bas
    Due to ITAR restrictions, they (BCE) can not export muzzle devices outside the United States without proper International export permits, and importers (foreing dealers and the like) can not import them without proper, and very costly, importation permits. In Canada we have a handful of these dealers who have these permits and deal with ITAR regulated importations.

I asked a few months ago (somewhere in this thread) and they said they were working on international exportation permits to be able to sell their products outside the United States.
    Last edited by Artiz; 01-07-11 at 16:00.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Bert View Post
    Hello Evil Bert,
    I know, I know....you asked for a non-BCE answer about erosion. I look forward to some customer answers. Keeping in mind that I'm guilty of being a BCE guy, I can tell you that my department M4 has over 8,000 rounds through its BC, much of that full auto, and other than being discolored, it is perfectly intact.
    Thanks for asking.
    Director of Sales & Marketing
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    www.battlecomp.com
    nick@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."---Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artiz View Post
    Due to ITAR restrictions, they (BCE) can not export muzzle devices outside the United States without proper International export permits,
    yes, though if they are registered as arms exporters with the state dept they can send small (less than $100 wholesale value) orders internationally without permit. They still need to be reported in the ITAR reporting database.

Being a registered arms exporter is costly though. Last I looked, a few years ago, it was $1750 a year.

and importers (foreing dealers and the like) can not import them without proper, and very costly, importation permits.
    This is country dependent. They may or may not need import permits for this sort of thing and they may be easy or hard to get. I have a friend in Scandinavia who imports stuff and he has no problem on his end as long as the seller has the right State Dept permits due to ITAR.

In Canada we have a handful of these dealers who have these permits and deal with ITAR regulated importations.

I asked a few months ago (somewhere in this thread) and they said they were working on international exportation permits to be able to sell their products outside the United States.
    Hopefully Obama's review of ITAR rules

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.o...dWarRelic.aspx

Will remove the restrictions on this sort of stuff or make it a lot easier.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    More on the Battle Comp - Triple Tap comparison videos. I uploaded some video we did with a GoPro Hero 1080p helmet cam mounted on a rifle (My LWRC M6A3) with a Battle Comp 1.0 and with it mounted on a rifle (ACR) with a Triple Tap. Links here:
    With the BC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtKLg...eature=related
    With the 3Tap:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTewImRLOW0

Shot a match Sat. with the BC. Judges following me through the shoot house commented how little blast the felt and how quiet the BC was inside after following other shooters through with some of the other brakes. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r76Lp5nQXdc

Page 115 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast