Page 11 of 172 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Comp muzzle brake

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I didn't take it that way at all, brother -- just another full disclosure thing -- and your photography skills make the BattleComp look like a piece of art, even with the "scars."

Have a great weekend, and best to you and yours,
    Alan
    Last edited by PRGGodfather; 06-04-10 at 14:35.
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Finally got mine and installed it. It was finger tight with the bottom logo around the 11 o'clock. Instructions were great too.

Oh and thanks Noveske..... My Vortex was a pain in the ass to get off.

and now the pics... I had to settle on a stainless one, I don't mind though, plenty of dudes are happy with their bling'd out triple taps.

Feedback Score
    nrose,

Go get that thing dirty and I bet it looks better!
    Affiliated with BattleComp Enterprises, LLC

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Matte black Duraheat is an excellent alternative finish, too.
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGGodfather View Post
    I didn't take it that way at all, brother -- just another full disclosure thing -- and your photography skills make the BattleComp look like a piece of art, even with the "scars."

Have a great weekend, and best to you and yours,
    Alan
    I think they look better WITH the scars!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nrose8989 View Post
    Finally got mine and installed it. It was finger tight with the bottom logo around the 11 o'clock. Instructions were great too.

Oh and thanks Noveske..... My Vortex was a pain in the ass to get off.

and now the pics... I had to settle on a stainless one, I don't mind though, plenty of dudes are happy with their bling'd out triple taps.

Thanks for the pics, I was looking for some exactly like that! (SS comp on a non SS barrel)

Not half bad! Certainly less scandalous than the Triple Tap. I wonder what they will look like after a few rounds?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glen View Post
    I think they look better WITH the scars!
    Not to mention used.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post

PRGGodfather, ever tried milling one down for a washer free installation?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Yes, we have considered it -- but at this point it would appear the cost far outweighs the benefits. It is much more likely we will include a shim kit with the BattleComp package, which is certainly more intricate, yet more precise when it comes to installation. We will have to see what the future brings, but it would seem this option is consistent with the industry at the moment.

For those who have been following this thread -- I just picked up the 6.8/7.62 prototype today. It is absolutely gorgeous. We have mounted it on a Barrett 6.8 upper for evaluation purposes, and will be providing it to DocGKR as soon as possible. If the BattleComp 6.8 doesn't work, I certainly be surprised and for the life of me, I cannot see why it would not work (but what do I know, anyway?).

In the interest of our new business, please understand why I cannot post a picture of the current prototype -- BUT I do promise to post a picture of the first production model before it goes to market HERE, exclusively at M4C, and we will likely raffle off ONE here at M4C even before I activate the GunPal buttons!

Expect the BC 6.8 by mid-summer, unless the math didn't work at all in the real world and we have to go back to the drawing board. For now, I, for one, am completely amazed at the genius that is Marty916 and the speed and elegance with which his concepts go from thought to fruition.

Tomorrow, we will be shooting some hi-res video with the MilSpec Monkey and Doug Wyllie from www.policeone.com, who will be mounting a BattleComp on his AR. Wish us luck!

Best to all of you and yours, and have a blessed weekend,
    Alan
    Last edited by PRGGodfather; 06-05-10 at 18:50.
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    MilSpec Monkey (www.milspecmonkey.com) and the Sr. Editor of Police One (www.policeone.com), Doug Wyllie, came out to check out the BattleComp 1.0 for a product review, and we had WAY too much fun gathering data on it.

Doug mounted one on his personal AR, and Nick Gottuso, our Director of Sales and Marketing, had an awesome scene shooting a BattleComp 1.0-equipped M4 in full auto, using just one hand! The Monkey said he expects to post his videos of this day's events on his site as early as this evening. Once he posts them, we will take some snippets and post them on our own site at www.battlecomp.com. Please keep an eye out on www.milspecmonkey.com and You Tube for some BattleComp videos.

While Marty916 (today is his birthday, BTW) and I watched the show, DocGKR dropped in for a surprise visit and brought some 6.8 ammo and magazines to test our new BattleComp 6.8 prototype. Simply, the BC6.8 works exactly as expected, so we pressed the button to get some production samples on line ASAP. We should be ready for market fairly soon, and we will be donating a BattleComp 6.8 for an M4C contest before we sell any units. I will be surprised if the 6.8 forums don't ask for the same!

We figure we can let the winner(s) enjoy having the first production BattleComp 6.8 (aside from DocGKR, of course -- since he has the prototype until we replace it with a production version) for about a week, and then we will go live to market. We are hoping for mid-summer, but it could be sooner.

From what we can tell, any rifle with 5/8 x 24 threads should work with it, including folks who use such adapters on their AK rifles, as well as 7.62 NATO rifles with this thread pitch. The experience of shooting the BC6.8 was remarkably similar to the BC1.0, and it was awesome.

So, after an excellent day of testing with some solid folks, I will enjoy some post-ammo letdown and my family for the rest of the weekend. I could sleep for three days, now that things have calmed just a tad.

We figure we will only have about week of peace before this wild phenomenon picks up again! Gonna have to get a booth for SHOT 2011!

Best to all of our friends on M4C and have a great weekend,
    Alan
    Last edited by PRGGodfather; 06-06-10 at 01:36.
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

Feedback Score
    We got to shoot the Battle Comp with 5/8x24 threads today on both 12" and 16" 6.8 mm uppers contrasted with SE Vortex flash hiders on a darkened indoor range. Muzzle control was amazing with the Battle Comp, especially with the 12" upper when compared to shooting the 12" with the Vortex. When standing 3 feet to the side of the shooter, concussion with the 12" 6.8 mm Battle Comp felt no worse than standing next to a 16" 5.56 mm upper firing XM193 with an A2 flash hider. When using properly formulated powder w/flash suppressant, there was a small flash with both the 12" and 16" 6.8 mm barrels, similar to what is seen when firing M193 or M855 from an A2 flash hider--with the Vortex, there was no detectable flash. With some extremely dirty, flashy 6.8 mm ammo, the Vortex had a mild amount of flash and some sparks, the 16" had a moderate amount of flash, and the 12" had a pretty good size fireball.

The most fun was doing a full auto magazine dump and having NO detectable muzzle climb when using the Battle Comp.

Interestingly, there were some inexperienced shooters, including smaller females, who also wanted to try full auto fire--those inexperienced shooters who fired full-auto using A2 flash hider equipped carbines quickly had excessive muzzle rise, as well as being pushed backwards out of position. In contrast, although they were pushed back out of position, the muzzle did not rise when inexperienced shooters fired full auto using carbines with the Battle Comp.

The moral of this story is that the Battle Comp is a very effective muzzle brake that happens to offer reasonable flash suppression, especially when using good quality ammunition--the Hornady TAP and Black Hills was particularly clean burning, with low flash. Any shooter using a rifle with 5/8x24 threads (6.5G, 6.8, .260 Rem, 6.5 Creedmore, 7.62x51mm, etc...), especially those with shorter barrels or when multiple rapid shots on target are required will be WELL served by the Battle Comp.
    Last edited by DocGKR; 06-06-10 at 15:39.

Page 11 of 172 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast