Thread: Battle Comp muzzle brake

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wonder how loud it is compared to other comps?
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    A friend of mine, Larry Ford, just conducted some soundmeter testing of the BattleComp and actually found it to be quieter than the standard A2 -- but it wasn't exactly a scientific test. IMHO, I thought the sound was comparable to an A2 -- and I shoot indoors with steel plates on the walls.

If you click on his quote at this site, you can read the actual document:

http://battlecomp.com/testimonials

FYI, Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC did NOT conduct this testing, nor did we commission the testing.

Larry did this independently, as it is BCE's policy NOT to conduct comparisons against other compensators. We believe there is plenty of market to share -- but we also know people will test and do comparisons -- and independent testing is an American right.

YMMV, or maybe your experience will be consistent with ours and those happy, smiling folks who have used the BattleComp 1.0 -- and maybe we really DO have one of the finest tactical compensators for the AR15.

Simply, we think we have found the "sweet spot" for A2-sized compensators, and the grins on all of our users' faces indicate this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    I wonder how loud it is compared to other comps?
    Last edited by PRGGodfather; 06-01-10 at 14:05.
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGGodfather View Post
    A friend of mine, Larry Ford, just conducted some soundmeter testing of the BattleComp and actually found it to be quieter than the standard A2 -- but it wasn't exactly a scientific test. IMHO, I thought the sound was comparable to an A2 -- and I shoot indoors with steel plates on the walls.

If you click on his quote at this site, you can read the actual document:

http://battlecomp.com/testimonials

FYI, Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC did NOT conduct this testing, nor did we commission the testing.

Larry did this independently, as it is BCE's policy NOT to conduct comparisons against other compensators. We believe there is plenty of market to share -- but we also know people will test and do comparisons -- and independent testing is an American right.

YMMV, or maybe your experience will be consistent with ours and those happy, smiling folks who have used the BattleComp 1.0 -- and maybe we really DO have one of the finest tactical compensators for the AR15.

Simply, we think we have found the "sweet spot" for A2-sized compensators, and the grins on all of our users' faces indicate this is the case.
    Looks like I am going to be trying this!

Of course it's just my luck that I post a question on this, go to sleep, wake up to see 3 pages of info and feedback on it AND it's sold out.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I wonder how this stacks up against the triple tap in recoil and muzzle flip reduction and flash suppression.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I wonder how this stacks up against the triple tap in recoil and muzzle flip reduction and flash suppression.
    From the looks of the vid it seems pretty close, I am in need of a good brake/fs for my 10.0 bbl. Im hopeing this is the answer, other brakes are horrible in a shoot house and shooing next to people

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How is the BattleComp classified by ATF? Looks about perfect for a ban-state rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    How is the BattleComp classified by ATF? Looks about perfect for a ban-state rifle.
    It seems to be certified for CA - the leader of the ban states. In MA, we are still under the 1994 AWB, so if it's a comp - it's GTG. The FSC556 for example comes with a letter from the BATFE stating it's a brake - not a FS. Will be curious to see if the BC is the same story...