Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primary Weapons FSC556 Flash Surpressor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Primary Weapons FSC556 Flash Surpressor

Anyone have one? Anyone know about them? Was thinking about getting is over the Smith Vortex. Why should I? Or, why should I not?

Thx

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=22829
    for starters. This item has been discussed elsewhere on this forum.
    Depending on your intended use, the benefits (reduced felt recoil, decent flash suppression) may or may not outweigh the costs (noticeably louder, and will throw up debris when shooting urban prone or around loose matter). So for some, it may not be worth an extra $100.
    I have one. Like it, but it definitely fits into the nice to have, not need to have category. My current project will not include this item.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by payj View Post
    Anyone have one? Anyone know about them? Was thinking about getting is over the Smith Vortex. Why should I? Or, why should I not?

Thx
    I have one. Love it! It is my favorite. Though if I had the cash I would like to try the KAC tripple brake
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have 3 and the next AR is getting one. I shot Costa's triple tap brake at a class last summer and to me is about the same in reducing recoil etc.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
    I have 3 and the next AR is getting one. I shot Costa's triple tap brake at a class last summer and to me is about the same in reducing recoil etc.
    As one of the few who seemed to not have one of the FSC556s at last summer's course, it was an interesting experience to learn to tune out the muzzle blast from those things.

I only run Vortexes. I took me a few cycles through the drills to learn to ignore the blast.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joe-bananas View Post
    As one of the few who seemed to not have one of the FSC556s at last summer's course, it was an interesting experience to learn to tune out the muzzle blast from those things.

I only run Vortexes. I took me a few cycles through the drills to learn to ignore the blast.
    How ya been??? long time no talk...

I got to shoot next to the 4 USAF PJs and their surefire brakes I dont think there is a much more brutal brake on the market. It took a few cycles for me to ignore their blasts.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
    How ya been??? long time no talk...

I got to shoot next to the 4 USAF PJs and their surefire brakes I dont think there is a much more brutal brake on the market. It took a few cycles for me to ignore their blasts.
    And you did a darned good job of keeping up with those kids. Never turn your back on a PJ who has a handful of blanks in his pocket . . .

I never saw someone detail strip a weapon during drills as fast as DoorGunner84 did after that.

Wish I'd have thought of doing that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by payj View Post

Thx
    Kinda apples to oranges as they don't have the same mission.

Smith Vortex was designed to give the best flash suppression.

PWS FSC 556 is primarily a brake with flash suppression capability.

I believe the choice will depend on what you want the muzzle device to do for you.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies. I'm kinda new to this. I want flash suppression along with less felt recoil. Is that what "brake" is?

thx

Feedback Score

Just IMO...

I am glad that it works better than it looks!

Velcro
    "surrounded Hell, Now we can just shoot in every direction" - Chesty Puller

VELCRO

.....but what do I know, I'm just a FK'N Armorer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast