Thread: LMT BUIS vs. Carry handle

Feedback Score

LMT BUIS vs. Carry handle

I recently sold my aimpoint optic for some extra cash that I much needed. I hated to do it but I really didnt have a choice in the matter. Now I am going with a more simplier route. I plan on using irons as my primary sight system. I currently have a A.R.M.S. #40 buis, but im looking to get rid of it in favor of something that can be fully adjustable.

My question for you guys with experience with the LMT buis and a carry handle type sight system, which ones adid you like better, and why?

Thanks in advance fellas
    DAS

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The LMT rear sight is nothing more than a chopped carry handle so the fuctionality and sight picture will be the same. Buy whichever you want.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    The LMT rear sight is nothing more than a chopped carry handle so the fuctionality and sight picture will be the same. Buy whichever you want.
    Yep, chopped carry handle. They're kind of expensive new, but you can get them used for $60ish.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You will save a bit of weight going with the LMT sight and when you get another Aimpoint you can mount it in front of it saving you from having to purchase another buis right away.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It's cheaper to cut a carry handle... even if you buy a brand new BCM carry handle.

Weight savings is negligible, and I can't believe LMT wastes the machine time to hollow out their fixed buis.

The optimal solution is a fixed carry handle upper that won't have all the receiver flex of the flat top. I'm working in converting some of my guns to fixed carry handles since I'll likely never run an RDS.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Real LMT rear BUIS for $48:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LMT-Tactical...item5644bb6dd0

These have been discussed on here and determined to be genuine. I've bought two, both are real when compared to the original BUIS on a complete LMT rifle, and they work properly. Both came bone-dry and look like they sat in a hot warehouse for several years, which I suspect they did, but two minutes with any gun oil and they are perfect.

As for carry handle vs. LMT, if you ever want to put a red dot in front of the sight, the LMT, and if you find it useful to carry by the handle, like at the range, then the carry handle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Real LMT rear BUIS for $48:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LMT-Tactical...item5644bb6dd0

These have been discussed on here and determined to be genuine. I've bought two, both are real when compared to the original BUIS on a complete LMT rifle, and they work properly. Both came bone-dry and look like they sat in a hot warehouse for several years, which I suspect they did, but two minutes with any gun oil and they are perfect.
    wow...I almost just ordered those sights from another vendor....I'll take your word for it and order this instead. Perfect for my PSA "dissy" setup coming soon.

OP, with the LMT A2, like mentioned above...it leaves the option for an RDS, if the "itch" needs to be scratched in the future.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Please don't take just my word - there was a recent detailed thread on these you should read. I did just take another look at the second one I bought and it compares perfectly to a known-genuine LMT rear BUIS. Both I got were bone dry as I mentioned. The first one I ordered showed up as a clearly used sight, but I complained and got a new replacement from the seller with the return on their dime.

Feedback Score
    Apologize for the hijack op......

Will do a search for the thread........as of the dry bit, I'm sure some Weaponshield will do, I also have some Mousemilk that has served me well in the past ( help unseize and get into working order a S&W model 13).

Hmm used huh? Will check it over good when I get it.