Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense DDM4 or S&W M&P15 VTAC for $1200?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Daniel Defense DDM4 or S&W M&P15 VTAC for $1200?

I was just looking for some outside thoughts on the matter. After sometime I have narrowed things down to the DDM4 or the S&W VTAC M&P15 (2009 version) for $1200 total.
    I considered the 6920 for around the same price, but the total with the colt goes up considering future modifications that I would like.

The DDM4 and VTAC are ready to go out of the box, aside from adding sights to the VTAC.

Any other suggestions in this price range? I've looked at Colt and BCM, but their basic models come in at this $ range, and I am not really looking to go beyond that on the gun itself.

Many Thanks

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Get the Daniel Defense. Larry Vickers advices and help set them up. Other than a Colt its pretty close to Mil Spec.

Feedback Score
    Have you considered a mid length gas system? If you have, my mistake.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was in a similar position, and I went with DD. I considered BCM, but it was the most expensive, I liked the colt, but for the same amount of money, I got the DD with a mid length, with better rails, a nicer stock, and a magpul trigger guard.

I know most of those things are small, but I couldn't be happier. everything about the rifle is top quality, and their customer support is great.
    Last edited by avengd7x; 01-23-11 at 10:35.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yes I have, the dd v3, and v5s are midlengths. I like the 12" rail more than the 7 or 9" rail on tthe ddm4 v3.
    I just thought the vtac for $1100 seemed like a good deal for what's included out of the box, same for the Daniel defense. Only addition that I would do to either is an optic of some sort
    Last edited by CarlosLehder; 01-23-11 at 10:35.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

DD FTW

Both are nice rifles, but I think the percentage of folks here will probably give the nod to DD simply for outstanding rep. for reliability and quality. I have yet to find a person that did not give their DD stellar reviews. Both shoot very well, from my experience.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I think the best thing S&W has going right now is the M&P15 TS (the pic shows a midlength, but apparently this rifle only comes in carbine gas) http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y
    They can be had for around $1300.
    That being said, I would rather go for a DDM4 V5 for $100 or $200 more.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks for the input.

Are there any drawbacks to the lightweight version of the V5, vs the regular V5?

From what I have read the only difference is the lightweight barrel.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MookNW View Post
    I think the best thing S&W has going right now is the M&P15 TS (the pic shows a midlength, but apparently this rifle only comes in carbine gas) http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y
    They can be had for around $1300.
    That being said, I would rather go for a DDM4 V5 for $100 or $200 more.
    I found the VTAC for $1115 and the DDM4v5 for $1250, both shipped.

and an FFL fee of $35.00

Just unsure about any issues with the lightweight version vs. the non lightweight v5

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'd do that LW V5 in an instant. No regrets.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast