Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Jersey Member Roll Call

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'm out in NW NJ/ Sussex & Morris County once a year or so, sometimes more. Beautiful countryside, I wish it could be a less liberal state.

Believe it or not Morris, Sussex and Hunterdon counties are fairly conservative. It's the cities (Newark, Paterson, Jersey City, Atlantic City and Camden) that turn the state blue. But to your point, this part of the state is very attractive and often out of state visitors are shocked at how nice it really is. If the state wasn't so damn goofy I'd be more than content to grow old here but I've had enough.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Beautiful countryside, I wish it could be a less liberal state.

When one visits NJ via airplane they are inevitably greeted by either Newark or Philly, both of which have massive refineries near their airports. Then onto either the turnpike in the north or I-95 in the south, which are further eyesores unless one continues along a bit. This is also what we see so much of on TV, as well. Harsh urban environments.

But beyond the cities and some of their immediate suburbs, there is a great deal of beauty statewide. A great many scenic places to be found in fact, with good people to suit. Ocean City is a perfect example this time of year down the shore. A clean, magical place to take the family, even today.

In fact it's so pristine they won't let the fu*ktards from "Jersey Shore" within the town's perimeter under any circumstance.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    necro posting to see if anyone is still around; I'm in Marlton, shoot with the Bureau at our Fort Dix ranges and here and there otherwise.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    Joe's a really good guy. He put me through my IDPA safety officers class 7 or 8 years ago. Since then I have SO'd or shoot dozens of local, state and National matches with him and James.
    Joe & James as well as the rest of the RAF staff are good people. I hadn't shot in organized compitition sinceshooting NRA PPC in the late 70's. First time out I find my self shooting against Dave Ohlasso 4 time IDPA CDP National Champ. It was quite an eye opener. Dave's a great guy and I have learned quite a bit from shooting against him and James.

Feedback Score
    Burlington County also

I mostly shoot at Fix Dix for fun and CJRPC for Garand and High Power matches.

Joe is a nice guy at Ready, Aim, Fire. I usually go there and shoot handguns.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 762xIan View Post
    I escaped and live in PA now , but I grew up in Browns Mills. Was a member at Ft. Dix 10 years or so ago. How is it now? What are the fees/dues? I visit once a month, usually for a few days (my dad and inlaws are still in the area).

My brother lives in Mt. Holly, and he usually just comes over to PA to shoot with me, but a NJ shoot would be nice every once in a while. I would consider rejoining for the occasional trip.

A non-LEO membership there is "up to" $60 a year and $3 per session, which is better than anywhere else that I am aware of in the entire central/southern area of the state. Other than that, still the same.

As always, never know who you are going to see up there or what they will be shooting. Someone had a nice, whisper silent MP5 last time around.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    Bergen County. Usually shoot at the Bullet Hole.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for bringing the old thread back to life Rauchman and welcome.

Alex, we still have to make the trip happen. Hopefully this Spring.

Feedback Score
    I just moved to Jersey and I'm slowly going through the process of getting a few of my guns moved up to my current residence in Woodbridge. Assuming that I get at least one of my AR's NJ compliant and brought up from VA, I'd like to get in on a range day of some sort. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Hi all, Warren County here.

Been watching this site for a few weeks now. Excellent information here. Trying to take in all this forum has to offer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast