Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage AR and Clone pic thread.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Feedback Score
    User ID: 298

Feedback Score
    Nice! I used one of the originals when I was in the Army reserve back in 1990, funny thing is that I used the a1 back in basic training

Feedback Score

Vintage AR and Clone pic thread.....

Those are great Photo's & bring back memories, Good & Bad.
    I got to my unit the second week in Nov.1967. We had the M-14, I did get to shoot it full Auto.
    We got our M-16's in December 1967.
    we were told they came from the Air Force. Pleiku had a Air Base. They all came in a trailer towed with a Ford Jeep.
    They looked like the top photo.
    Had to use a bullet to adjust the rear & front sights, I don't remember if the had a charging handle. I don't remember using one. If I did they were worthless. I'm now 65 , not twenty.
    Chrome Chamber, No chrome lined barrel. All barrels were Pencil barrels & would heat up fast.
    No compartment in the butt stock. Without L.S.A. oil they could get rust on them overnight.
    I believe the twist rate was 1/12. Ammo, Lake City & Winchester.

Feedback Score
    I thought this was worth posting here. Interesting looking horse... First time I've ever seen it. At first, I thought it was an older run but the serial number is in the 5xxxxxx range and I've seen lowers in the 4xxxxxx with the "normal" horse we see today.

Feedback Score
    IMG_0096.jpg Picked up a parts kit from Sarco. Used an Aftermarket barrel and lower. Lower internals from Sarco This picture is a mock up before I had the original FSB installed. Since this picture I added a few colt 20 round mags and a sling. Gun is well balanced and shoots well. I prefer shooting this gun over my POF Predator 416. Also a colt lower is in the future
    Last edited by rmeyer; 01-16-14 at 22:00.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score

a few of mine

here's a few of mine
    Attached Images Attached Images
    i started this life with nothing.....kept most of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast