Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replace S&W M&P9 w/M&P9c?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Question Replace S&W M&P9 w/M&P9c?

Recently acquired a new M&P9 w/APEX sear/striker plate and I love it. Added Trijicon night sights, picked up some extra mags, etc and was planning on running it during a 2-day defensive handgun course next month.

However, while the wife liked shooting the M&P9 she didn't care for the size (she's petite) so I ordered an M&P9c (w/the same APEX parts) from Grant for her as she likes how it feels much better than the fullsize (great service & fast shipping, thx Grant!).

Anywho, I tried it out at the range yesterday side-by-side w/my fullsize and now *I* really like the 9c (I seem to shoot it just about as quick & accurately as the fullsize) and am seriously considering selling/trading my fullsize for a 9c that would be my CCW & nightstand gun.

So, should I replace the fullsize w/a compact? All input welcome, thx!...
    Tomac
    "His Universe, His rules." - Tomac

Feedback Score
    Supplement, yes. Replace? No.

Keep both and voila, now you have magazine interchangeability if something bad happens.

JMHO obviously.
    Keep your powder dry.

M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I am a tactical marketing professional. PM for details.

Feedback Score
    Agreed. Keep both (His 9....hers 9c). You can use the FS Mags in the 9c. I do it all the time.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Unhappy

If I could afford it I'd just buy another 9c for myself. Unfortunately that's not in the financial cards right this moment, hence my toying w/the idea of selling/trading the fullsize 9 for a 9c that would serve CCW as well as nightstand duty.
    Tomac
    "His Universe, His rules." - Tomac

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tomac View Post
    If I could afford it I'd just buy another 9c for myself. Unfortunately that's not in the financial cards right this moment, hence my toying w/the idea of selling/trading the fullsize 9 for a 9c that would serve CCW as well as nightstand duty.
    Tomac
    Just my 2 kopecks here.... Don't sell a proven performer. Save the coin to get the gun you want. I have the 9 and 9C and won't part with either.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    I took a look at a 9c and my pinky hangs off the bottom of the grip. How do you guys deal with that? X-grip or do you just get used to shooting that way?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    honestly I would hold onto the 9 and save for a 9c down the road...its really nice to have a full size gun....while I do love my 9c I wouldn't trade off a full size off.

Feedback Score
    You'll regret selling. Keep it, and buy another Compact later, as these other guys have suggested. I think it's a good idea to have redundant copies of your defensive sidearms, but don't lose money on a trade to get there.
    Last edited by Seraph; 09-03-10 at 20:26.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and there is the land of Bliss. ~ Miyamoto Musashi

DISCLOSURE: I represent SECRET CITY WEAPONEERS, purveyor of K-25 Multi-Role Concealment Holsters. I may, therefore, be biased...

Feedback Score
    24 (96%)
    I say keep it and save money for another compact.

My first M&P was a full size. I bought it thinking I could conceal it and shoot it for fun. I got into competition shooting and to get an advantage I traded my full size on a Pro. I then bought a 9c for CCW. I wish I had my full size back. It would be nice to have one for any occasion. I understand about the money being tight though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SEDADOG1 View Post
    I took a look at a 9c and my pinky hangs off the bottom of the grip. How do you guys deal with that? X-grip or do you just get used to shooting that way?
    Combination of both for me. Since Ben @ Boresightsolutions has 2 of my full size M&Ps (9 & 40) held hostage for the last few months , I've been forced to use my 9c as my primary training gun and my M&P45 as a back up. Since the end of May, I've gotten quite used to shooting the 9c with and without the pinky extender, as well as with the full size mags with the X-grip. Adapt and overcome.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast