Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Miniature red dots on Glocks

Feedback Score
    Montana: I am a little luckier as I took the Insight off my Five-seveN to try it out and it will go back on the same pistol so no money lost. I still like the Insight for other guns (works GREAT on my Remmy 870 12ga) just not the FNP. I just ordered the duel illumination 7moa RMR from SWFA for $399.99 (before shipping) so I am sure you can get the electronic RMR for a good price there as well. They say they will beat any advertised price so you might want to give them a call.

MadDog
    Last edited by MadDog; 04-30-10 at 07:42.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just curious, MadDog--Why did you go with the dual-illumination RMR over the LED model? I'm on the fence. Not worrying about batteries is a plus and, from what little I've read, the dual-illumination model is supposed to be a little more rugged (the internal electronics of the LED model making it more susceptible to failure). On the other hand, the LED model most likely provides a brighter dot, is self-adjusting for light conditions and doesn't have a shelf life like the dual-illumination model. I don't know how long tritium sights last, but they are going to dim and eventually peter out at some point (five years?).

Other than the price difference, what was the principal factor in your selection decision? Is there something I'm failing to take into account here? I've made enough costly mistakes for this week.

Feedback Score
    The tritium modules in Trijicon's products lasts 15 years before needing to be changed which they will do for free so there are no worries there. The duel illumination RMR has no electronics to give you problems like if you don't put some sort of padded buffer between the battery and body of the slide, the battery can drop slightly in effect turning your optic off. Someone posted this problem with their new RMR mounted on their new FNP45 Tactical. Even though the batteries last a looong time you still have to take the optic off to change the battery. With the duel just mount it and forget about it.

The most important reason for me is that I wear prescription glasses and my prescription distorts electronic dots. I have 5 Aimpoints and 1 Trijicon electronic MRD and my prescription makes the dots very fuzzy at every intensity setting. The clarity of the Trijicon MRD is better then the Aimpoints but fuzzy none the less. I love my Aimpoints (2 Micro T1's, 1 Micro H1, and 2 M3's) but fuzzy dots can be a pain in the ass. I also have 4 Trijicons (2 TA31f ACOG's, 1 RX30, and 1 Reflex II) and all of the dots and chevrons are clear, sharp, and crisp even with my prescription. I have no reason to think the dot on the duel RMR will be any different.

MadDog
    Last edited by MadDog; 04-30-10 at 10:40.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    The tritium modules in Trijicon's products lasts 15 years before needing to be changed which they will do for free so there are no worries there. The duel illumination RMR has no electronics to give you problems like if you don't put some sort of padded buffer between the battery and body of the slide, the battery can drop slightly in effect turning your optic off. Someone posted this problem with their new RMR mounted on their new FNP45 Tactical. Even though the batteries last a looong time you still have to take the optic off to change the battery. With the duel just mount it and forget about it.

The most important reason for me is that I wear prescription glasses and my prescription distorts electronic dots. I have 5 Aimpoints and my prescription makes the dots very fuzzy at every intensity setting. I love my Aimpoints (2 Micro T1's, 1 Micro H1, and 2 M3's) but fuzzy dots can be a pain in the ass. I also have 4 Trijicons (2 TA31f ACOG's, 1 RX30, and 1 Refles II) and all of the dots and chevrons are clear, sharp, and crisp even with my prescription. I have no reason to think the dot on the duel RMR will be any different.

MadDog
    I appreciate the information. Thanks

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    For those interested, we have Trijicon RMR's in stock (7MOA Dual and 4MOA LED's). We also offer member pricing on them.

C4

Feedback Score

Lightbulb Ramble'n man Butt's in . . .

Deleted: pointless - Beat to the punch again!
    Last edited by N.D.; 04-30-10 at 12:00.

Feedback Score
    So is there a way to mount my RMR to the dovetail in my Glock?
    I want to try the dot before sending in my upper for milling.
    Do I just order the RedDot mount for the Glock and then an RMR adapter for the RedDot mount?
    Want to be sure before I order it.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Been doing a lot of research on the mini reflex's on Glocks this week and came across this thread.

I just wanted to verify those are simply Ameriglo tall suppressor sights on Suarez's slide in the pics on pg. 2 correct?
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    One-
    Correct those are the taller Ameriglo suppressor sights in the pics Gabe posted.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910