Thread: Firearm collection

Feedback Score

Firearm collection

I'm getting 8 rifles for my collection.
    Why 8? thats the maximum by law in my country...
    The rifles is going to be used for target/courses/PSD/PMC work

Fortunetly money is not that big of a consern...

I would like to run backup rifles on some of these.
    All weapons need to have a minimum of 16,1'' barrel with or without perm. FH

here is my candidates:

LWRC M6A2
    LWRC M6A3
    LWRC REPR
    NOVESKE
    LMT
    BUSHMASTER ACR
    FN SCAR LIGHT
    FN SCAR HEAVY
    ROBINSON XCR
    AK47
    SL8 Modified into a G36
    PTR91
    Sig 556
    FAL
    Kriss TDI

I was planning on running the Specter DR on these rifles

Please make your favourite list, and feel free to add weapons and tell my why you would choose these guns?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With a max of eight, I'd go:

2 X FAL (18.5")
    2 X SCAR L
    2 X SCAR H
    2 X Colt 6920

I'm assuming that the SCAR H isn't a total turd (hasn't been released yet). Obviously I'm into redundancy. You could get a few different barrels for the SCARs that'll cover everything from SBR carbine to DMR type requirements. Get fixed stock lowers and Para lowers for the FALs. Both can run the Para bolt carrier, but I'd buy both Para and fixed stock carriers though as I feel the fixed stock recoil spring assembly is a little more durable. FALs are proven and parts abound. The Colts you should have because they are the current standard. Parts are everywhere, easily configurable, and they're solid well proven rifles. This collection would leave you with two proven platforms to fall back on if a single point show stopper appears in the newer systems.
    Last edited by JPB; 03-06-10 at 11:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You have quite a list of options there. I'm going to list them here and give what I feel are honest benefits and minuses for each weapon.

LWRC M6A2-pistons systems are clean, yet heavier than a DI system.
    LWRC M6A3-
    LWRC REPR----love this weapon. 762x51 NATO. Don't like the removeable toprail. Have seen some LWRCs that didn't return to zero. I can't stand to have rail systems that are out of whack. Consider the LMT .308MRP as an alternative.

NOVESKE----builds absolutely solid rifles. I like their joint venture w/Vltor on using a VIS upper, and you can put whatever stock AR15 barrel you want. Love having a continuous toprail for positioning your eotech or aimpoint anywhere on it and not losing zero.

LMT----if you're thinking MRP in the AR15 platform, and thinking 6.8 like it looks you might be given all the other weapon systems listed, I'd stay away from this one. 1.10 twist just a little fast and non-spc2 chamber. 5.56mrp GTG. I know it sounds funny because my sign in is LMTRocks, but if they did a 6.8 in spc2 for the MRP, I'd sell my Grendel in a heartbeat.

BUSHMASTER ACR---a project that has been jumping manufacturers for a few years now. Magbushmasteremington. Not sure if specs evolve or de-evolve during the whole process.

FN SCAR LIGHT---F'N AWESOME. 'Nuff said.
    FN SCAR HEAVY

ROBINSON XCR----barrel/bolt/mag interchangeability. If I had the $$$ I'd purchase one of these. I think it shoots 6.8spc/6.5G/5.56nato/7.62x39---not sure about endurance testing.

AK47-----uberreliability/lacking in accuracy.

SL8 Modified into a G36

PTR91----heavy. Too heavy for what it is imho. Did I mention heavy?

Sig 556---haven't shot or handled one enough to know anything about it.

FAL---another piston driven system that has been around for a long time. There's a very good reason it's been around for a long time. It's one of the most popularly fielded rifles in the world.

Kriss TDI----very new, if it breaks parts may be hard to get. low recoil, hi capacity magazines in .45acp and they're compatible with your Glock 21, if you have one.

Unfortunately you mentioned you have to have 16.1" bbls----I'd quickly say look at the LWRC PSD in 6.8 because of the compactness and punch the 6.8 provides.
    Last edited by LMTRocks; 03-11-10 at 13:44.
    30 caliber junkie.

God Bless America.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Curious.....What country?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    2 X FAL (18.5")
    2 X SCAR L
    2 X AK
    2 X Noveskes

IMHO

Feedback Score
    I would nix the Kriss TDI, PTR 91, SLR 8, and Sig 556 right off the bat. They give you nothing that you don't get better elsewhere. 2x each AKs, ARs, and FALs are good choices.

What country are you in, and what type of ammunition is available to you?

-B
    Last edited by BAC; 03-12-10 at 14:17.
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    Primary work type guns
    2 X Noveske N4 5.56 set up how you want
    2 X Noveske N6 7.62 - One as a 16" carbine and one as a 20" precision rifle
    Dump extra $$ into spair parts, mags and ammo for these guns. Set them up with solid optics and related kit. Extra uppers are not a bad idea either. It allows you to expand the capability of the rifle. An SPR upper for the N4 would be nice to have sitting around.

Secondary training (fun) guns
    1 X FAL 18.5" PARA - Great gun and a good idea to learn how to run one. Ammo is same as N6.
    1 X SCAR L - Cool gun, top of the line, same mags and ammo as N4. Parts harder to get so stock up.
    1 X AK - Classic. Learn to run this gun as they are everywhere. Consider ammo availability in your country. May make more sense to get one in 5.56 as ammo for it and N4 would be the same. Consider your supply sources.
    1 X what ever. I would say something cheeper to shoot and fun like an H&K 94. This would allow for some fun plinking and believe me the kids and females in my family like shooting this gun over everything else I own. H&K's are all over the world in many calibers. Great gun to train on to get that weapon system down.
    LE Firearms Instuctor - Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun and Automatic Weapons.
    LE Factory Armorer: Colt, Beretta, Glock, Remington, Ruger, SIG, S&W, Springfield Armory.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    imo,

These two :

Luckystiff writes:

Primary work type guns
    2 X Noveske N4 5.56 set up how you want
    2 X Noveske N6 7.62 - One as a 16" carbine and one as a 20" precision rifle
    Dump extra $$ into spair parts, mags and ammo for these guns. Set them up with solid optics and related kit. Extra uppers are not a bad idea either. It allows you to expand the capability of the rifle. An SPR upper for the N4 would be nice to have sitting around.

or

M4Fundi writes:

2 X FAL (18.5") ETA: I would get 1 18" & 1 16" These are heavy but excellent)
    2 X SCAR L ETA: (I would change this to an 17H)
    2 X AK
    2 X Noveskes

Optics

T-1 / EOtech Carbine / SBR
    3X Aimpoint carbine / SBR
    Check this one out for future Leupy 1.1X8 CQBSS
    NF 2.5X10X32 18" +
    NF1X4X24 Carbine
    NF3.5X15 18"+

HTH Good luck on your quest...
    Last edited by VooDoo6Actual; 03-13-10 at 12:50.