Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hatfield's Gunsmiffin Glock 19

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)

Thumbs up Hatfield's Gunsmiffin Glock 19

Here are a few pics of my Glock 19 after Hatfield's Gunsmiffin got through with it. Turnaround time was 24 hours!

I had stippling done, fingergrooves removed and the slide duracoated tan. It's sitting in the safe curing, and will probably take it to the NRA Range on Friday.
    Last edited by GermanSynergy; 03-25-10 at 19:39.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Here's another...

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    How does it feel without the finger grooves? Is it about the same as a gen2 or a bit more slim?

Also a bit off topic but how would Glock handle a warranty claim after work like this has been done to it? I had a Gen2 that had a small hairline crack on the mag well and they just switched it out.

Feedback Score
    They're going to get my M&P tomorrow. I'm going to have them mill the slide to fit my Trijicon RMR, undercut the triggerguard a little and maybe a few other tweaks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    1911sforever,

Please post results when you get your gun back. Very interested in how the RMR sits on the slide.

Feedback Score
    Will do. I was playing around with it a bit tonight...I see the potential, particularly for distance shooting.

As someone else mentioned in an earlier thread, Kellly McCann did this on his G19 in 2002 with a Doc Optic. I took a class with him then (paying good money to have him beat the snot out of me), but I never had a chance to try that combination. The reason he went to that system was because of failing close range vision. Eight years have given me some unfortunate perspective on that issue

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 13MPG View Post
    How does it feel without the finger grooves? Is it about the same as a gen2 or a bit more slim?

Also a bit off topic but how would Glock handle a warranty claim after work like this has been done to it? I had a Gen2 that had a small hairline crack on the mag well and they just switched it out.
    I like it alot w/o the finger grooves. It feels similar to GEN II, but with much better purchase on the grip due to the stippling. Not sure how Glock would handle any warranty work, but I'm sure I'm SOL in that regard. I can replace the internals myself, and have done so for regular maintenance.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever View Post
    Will do. I was playing around with it a bit tonight...I see the potential, particularly for distance shooting.

As someone else mentioned in an earlier thread, Kellly McCann did this on his G19 in 2002 with a Doc Optic. I took a class with him then (paying good money to have him beat the snot out of me), but I never had a chance to try that combination. The reason he went to that system was because of failing close range vision. Eight years have given me some unfortunate perspective on that issue
    You'll have to let me give that thing a whirl next time we're in Culpeper.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    If you're coming out to the class this weekend you're more than welcome to try mine out.

ETA: Is Hatfield local?
    Last edited by Brother Rat; 03-16-10 at 07:44.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hatfield is down the road from VA Arms.

As a FWIW: If you undercut the trigger guard, you could raise your grip enough that the finger grooves won't fit right.
    Last edited by javentre; 03-16-10 at 08:01.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast