Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Police trade in G22?

Feedback Score

Police trade in G22?

Aim got in some more 2nd gen G22 glocks. I'm thinking about picking one up since I like the smooth front strap of the 2nd gen, but I wasn't sure if buying a police trade in is a good idea. Would one of these gun be good to go or do I need to wait until I can afford a new glock?

Gun can be seen here.
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...lk22&groupid=3

Feedback Score
    Most likely possible issues would be minor cosmetic ones: Holster wear in the finish and worn sights. My neighbor and a friend picked up two of these DPD trade-ins and they were in excellent condition. I gave them a once-over (certified Glock Armorer) and they were GTG as-is.

Feedback Score
    Glock factory in Smyrna will do a free "inspect and upgrade" for you. I took two Gen 1 G19's in there one day and 40 mins later they gave them back with almost all new internals.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As someone else stated, any issues will be mostly cosmetic for sure. I dunno how other departments are, but unfortunately we only shoot 2 times a year. That's with the dept. Of course I shoot as much as I can on my own, but people like me who enjoy shooting and training are few and far between at work. If you look at most other peoples duty guns they have been infested with dust bunnies and cobwebs other various things lol.

ETA: My Beretta 92 is an older duty weapon trade in and it's very nice. Wouldn't hesitate to pick up another trade in sometime.
    Last edited by TxSoldier; 02-19-10 at 19:45. Reason: More info

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My Glock 34 has just over 40K rounds through it (no bullshit) and still functions flawlessly. Recently changed the barrel just for the looks of it It does have quite a bit of wear on the slide from different holsters over the years though but it doesnt bother me.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    Last edited by tracker722; 06-20-11 at 00:39.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Glock factory in Smyrna will do a free "inspect and upgrade" for you. I took two Gen 1 G19's in there one day and 40 mins later they gave them back with almost all new internals.
    You mean you can just send it off and they will look it over and see if anything needs to be replaced?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoDak View Post
    You mean you can just send it off and they will look it over and see if anything needs to be replaced?
    Yes. You'll have to pay for shipping to GA but they'll do the rest including shipping it back to you. I sent a used G19 to them and they replaced every spring, test fired it, cleaned it and sent it back to me good as new

More than likely those police trade ins have already been back to Glock before AIM got a hold of them.

Feedback Score
    Awsome. I might just have to get one of these.

Feedback Score
    Ok, I read a few of the threads where people have less than stellar reports about departments using G22s. Now I'm not sure what to do. I was planning on trading my XD for one of these since I thought a G22 would be an upgrade. So am I likely to get a good G22 from AIM or should I pass for now?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast