Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: got my high noon public secret today for the G26

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

got my high noon public secret today for the G26

i like it.
    it's a very nicely made holster. adjustable retention. the gun fits in with a smooth quiet snap.
    has a plastic sight rail sewn in.
    zero cant
    i got the model with straps
    currently experimenting with the gun between 1:30 and 3 o clock.

i was previously carrying in a high noon mr softy, which is a nice holster for the money, but not really what i was looking for. this rides a bit higher than the softy. the softy is very concealable due to the low ride height, but for me, this just murders the draw stroke.

definitely digging the leather over kydex regarding comfort. my other setup is a raven phantom/glock 19

Feedback Score
    Been looking at the same holster for my 26 for possible centerline carry. Any chance of some pics of it in place? I'd be interested in seeing the back of the holster with pistol in place, and the ride height compared to the top of the belt.

No big deal if you cant get pics up, just thinking out loud. Glad its working for you so far!

-Drew
    I don't know Magsz, but...This is one of the best quotes ever...
    "Despite reloading like im punching Nancy Pelosi in the face, i still cant reliably get glocks to auto forward, especially 19's."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've got one as well, Mine has the metal belt clip. I had ordered it for my P-2000, interestingly enough, my FS M&P fits in it perfectly,I've been using it at the defensive pistol classes Grant has been having, and have'nt had any problems with it..High noon makes some quality holsters, For anyone looking for a holster, they're worth taking a look at.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    i'm actually debating switching to the clip.
    i bought the one with the straps because i wanted it to ride higher than my mr softy, which is a similar design.
    with the straps i think you'll find it rides a bit high for 1 o clock carry..

any pics with the clip?

one of the cool things about high noon is they have a 30 day money back guarantee.

as i said, i'm certainly impressed with the quality of this thing. I'm just trying to figure out if i want something that sits lower. with a gun as short as the G26 i think it tends to move around less if you have a bit more of the gun below the waistband.

Feedback Score
    I've had a couple of the High Noon's and while they're good holsters they all ride pretty high in my experience when compared to a lot of others (it's their "philosophy" as posted in their FAQ's).

While they do make a good product, I want to share an experience I had with them: I was about to buy their "Down Under" after having their cheaper "Mr. Softy" and "Bare Asset" holsters and deciding to upgrade to something better, but when I sent a quick email to inquire as to why they were so expensive (honestly was just curious, $185 for one in black is about double the cost of a similar quality holster), I got back one of the rudest responses I could have ever expected from a business, basically telling me I was a worthless newb you knew nothing and probably didn't deserve one of their holsters... I was so pissed after reading the email response that for a minute I really thought about getting in my truck and driving to FL to kick whomever's ass who had replied to me...

Long story short, about the same time I came across a Blackhawk Leather Inside-the-Pants holster which is made in Italy and is on par with the quality of High Noon's higher end holsters and is very close to either their "Public Secret" or "Down Under" depending on how you set the cant (except it'll ride a little lower, and has only one strap), and it should only cost you between $35-55 (half of what a "Public Secret" costs, one-forth of what a black "Down Under" costs).

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Ins...,1151,1418.htm
    Last edited by ck1; 08-05-10 at 11:51.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ck1 View Post
    I've had a couple of the High Noon's and while they're good holsters they all ride pretty high in my experience when compared to a lot of others (it's their "philosophy" as posted in their FAQ's).

While they do make a good product, I want to share an experience I had with them: I was about to buy their "Down Under" after having their cheaper "Mr. Softy" and "Bare Asset" holsters and deciding to upgrade to something better, but when I sent a quick email to inquire as to why they were so expensive (honestly was just curious, $185 for one in black is about double the cost of a similar quality holster), I got back one of the rudest responses I could have ever expected from a business, basically telling me I was a worthless newb you knew nothing and probably didn't deserve one of their holsters... I was so pissed after reading the email response that for a minute I really thought about getting in my truck and driving to FL to kick whomever's ass who had replied to me...

Long story short, about the same time I came across a Blackhawk Leather Inside-the-Pants holster which is made in Italy and is on par with the quality of High Noon's higher end holsters and is very close to either their "Public Secret" or "Down Under" depending on how you set the cant (except it'll ride a little lower, and has only one strap), and it should only cost you between $35-55 (half of what a "Public Secret" costs, one-forth of what a black "Down Under" costs).

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Ins...,1151,1418.htm
    interesting.
    i'm gonna give this thing a few days.
    i've emailed high noon with some questions before and gotten fast, polite and helpful answers, so i really can't knock them there.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the pics!

She seems to be a tad high for my tastes, especially with a 26. Its a grip heavy little beast for sure.

I to had an "odd" experiecnce with one of the guys from HN Holsters on the phone. I was inquirng about a small modification to one of their non-stocking holsters and the guy got really hot pissed that I would even suggest changing his holster design. He was quick to cool it down, but still VERY irritated with me.

I will say that I was very suprised as I was not rude, arrogant, demanding, or any other thing that would have made the guy go off. When I pressed a bit further for a price to make the mod, the holster was close to $300 bucks Havent done any business with them since, though I have been tempted...

I have a mr softy for my Glock 26, but honestly I dont ever use it as I really like to have a body shield on all my holsters.
    I don't know Magsz, but...This is one of the best quotes ever...
    "Despite reloading like im punching Nancy Pelosi in the face, i still cant reliably get glocks to auto forward, especially 19's."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew78 View Post
    Thanks for the pics!

She seems to be a tad high for my tastes, especially with a 26. Its a grip heavy little beast for sure.

I to had an "odd" experiecnce with one of the guys from HN Holsters on the phone. I was inquirng about a small modification to one of their non-stocking holsters and the guy got really hot pissed that I would even suggest changing his holster design. He was quick to cool it down, but still VERY irritated with me.

I will say that I was very suprised as I was not rude, arrogant, demanding, or any other thing that would have made the guy go off. When I pressed a bit further for a price to make the mod, the holster was close to $300 bucks Havent done any business with them since, though I have been tempted...

I have a mr softy for my Glock 26, but honestly I dont ever use it as I really like to have a body shield on all my holsters.
    yeah i've been thinking about this quite a bit today. i think i'm going to trade them for the public secret with a clip. on a gun like the glock 26 you're better off with it riding lower. with too much up high the weight of the grip kinda levers the muzzle end into your body.
    i have a glock 19 and a phantom for when i need something fast and a bit less concealable. this is supposed to be my nice comfy low risk/deep conceal gun. i actually love the comfort level of the mr softy, but since it doesn't stay open for re-holstering it's kind of a bitch to train with, and i'd prefer a body shield.

I'm also thinking that straps probably work better spaced out more. my raven phantom doesn't move at all. i could run a marathon with that thing on, if i could run a marathon...

anyway i'll keep yall updated. high noon does put out a nice product though. the sewn in molded sight rail a real nice piece of design work.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ck1;
    Thanks for the Blackhawk link..Looks like they have some nice stuff,really good prices, I will keep them in mind in the future.

skyugo; One thing I really like about HN's clips is the design. It snaps over your belt and stays put.. It's a excellant design..I'm really suprised no one else has tried to copy it..
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    Tagging this post - good info here. Typically carry a G19 in a Raven and that rocks for OWB. Have a Milt Sparks IWB and not too keen on it but would love to find something for the G26 for the warmer days. The Blackhawk goes for $64 so looks like a no matter what will cost you some pain.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast