Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P with Insight MRDS

Feedback Score
    David; Can we get a side view picture of the RMR milled into the M&P slide? It does look a little wider then the Trijicon MRD you milled for me but I want to see how high and long it looks in comparison. If I went with the RMR on a new build I would probably go with the dual illumination and eliminate batteries all together.

MadDog
    Last edited by MadDog; 03-08-10 at 18:51.

Feedback Score
    One of the most combat experienced SOF warriors I personally know has written the following about the dual illuminated RMR:

"I would stay away from fiber optic Trijicon offerings as a general rule. The Reflex is perhaps the worst optic ever created, so I'm not excited about shrinking it into a Doctor sight package."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    One of the most combat experienced SOF warriors I personally know has written the following about the dual illuminated RMR:
    Doc,

That looks like a cut&paste quote, is the rest of it a private communication or was it posted somewhere? I'd like to learn more about the sights and issues they might have.

THX
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I agree with the assessment of the original Trijicon reflex sights...those things sucked balls. Grant is going to lend me his current Trijicon RMR at some point so I'll get to see if there are any washout problems with it.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    The question I have is, has he run it yet? Correct that the reflex is the worst of the bunch, but the RMR is not the same and does a better job IMHO.

As I posted, a back up sighting system (laser or co-witnessed irons) is a must. So if the RMR DID washout, you have options.

C4

Feedback Score
    I sent a few rotten pics to rob s of one of my mp set ups with an rmr installed

Ill try to get a few better ones up a bit later to you guys robust is an understatement

the rmr is tough i ran an MRD from trijiocn for about a year in a compact mp it was tough as nails and id things to it in front of the trijicon guys that made them squeal like little girls but the sight held and ran well

i too would avoid the dual model rmr..

looks like im going to treat my 9l to this as well

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    How well could an RMR be integrated into a 1911 slide? How much material can be milled out to make room for the sight?
    The very same question I have Frommycolddeadhand. I've got a para nite tac,single action, single stack I would more than willing use as a test mule for this. Anyone out there tried this on a 1911?

Feedback Score
    David Bowie,

Your picture link has two sets of http:/ in front of the address so the picture link is broken. I found your picture and copied your link so I could repost your photo for you.

This is David Bowies picture of his M&P 45 with an RMR and the engraved line on the back for his co-witness to the front.

Last edited by larry0071; 03-09-10 at 18:59. Reason: Shit, and then I notice that you put a M4C attached version of it!
    I save money using AMSOIL full synthetic lubricants. Do you?
    http://www.lubedealer.com/DiscountPowerParts/home.aspx

Feedback Score
    This is not new, the Docter sight for carry handguns have been aroung since 1991, and IPSC shooters have been using the bigger red dot sights for decades...

I have tried them, and I much prefer the normal iron sights.

I shoot more accurately with irons, specially up to 15-20 m, and just as fast.

And of course the irons don't depend on batteries, are not bulky, don't break, don't get clogged or covered with dust or rain, and keep zero even if dropped or hit accidentally

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast