Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ankle Holster for G26/27

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Ankle Holster for G26/27

My old 1970s era hand me down ankle holster finally gave out and I am in market for a new one. I pack a Glock 27 in ankle holster as backup while on job (Deputy Sheriff) and off duty as well as a back up. I did a search but could not find what I was looking for. Not looking on spending tons of $$ would like to find one for less than $75.

What do you guys suggest.
    What is best material for comfort as well as securing weapon?
    What are some of the more comfortable ankle holsters you have worn?
    What are you experiences good or bad with a particular ankle holster?

I really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks a lot.
    OIF 2003-2004
    Deputy Sheriff/Private Investigator

Feedback Score
    Alessi Holsters are considered some of the best out there and well worth the money, but they are way above your stated price range.

I use a Fobus ankle rig for a j-frame and it has worked extremely well. Only cost about $45.

I have a Fobus ankle rig for a baby Glock, but I haven't started using it. Also cost about $45.

I like kydex because the gun can lock in place without a friction fit - something I prefer on a semi-auto. I don't want the slide to move when I holster, and I don't want the holster to move when I draw.

Feedback Score
    Galco Ankle Glove. Middle of the road on price, lower upper end on quality, bullet proof durability. I have Ankle Gloves for all my BUGs, and several of them are a decade + old. They may look like crap from daily (and I mean every day except when I'm in shorts), but the still hold rock solid.

I've tried just about every elastic and nylon rig out there, and will never waste a penny on one again. This is clearly a case of "buy quality, and only cry once..."

Look at Optics Planet for decent prices on Ankle Gloves and free shipping.

Regards,

Kevin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I tried the Galco Ankle glove and it sucked. Too slow... uncomfortable. Hated it.

Now as silly as this may seem... the FOBUS ankle holster was great for me. I strapped it on over duty boots with un-bloused pants covering it, and wore that thing a LOT.

It wasn't an occasional use thing. I could run in it and everything. Plus it was a grab and pull draw.... i.e. NO stupid velcro strap to undo while you're getting beaten or shot.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I used an Ankle Glove every day for 4 years with a G-26. I still use it on occasion. It's the one I always recommend.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Can't speak for the G26 but I find my ankle glove extremely comfortable with my lcr bug.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'll send whick1 my Ankle glove for free.... I think I still have it.... barely used. I'll check when I get home.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Renegade, very comfortable and reasonably priced. Alessi makes exceptional holsters and their ankle rig is the gold standard.

I would steer clear of anything made by Fobus. The quality and design are less then acceptable. For a range rig to it would be fine, beyond that they are a no go.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe R. View Post
    I would steer clear of anything made by Fobus. The quality and design are less then acceptable. For a range rig to it would be fine, beyond that they are a no go.
    I normally would agree. But I carried that sucker for years. Now granted and open carry belt holster can be pulled apart by a nut trying to steal your weapon.... but the ankle rig in concealment was very doable.

In either case, the Galco offer stands. I couldn't get it to be comfortable on my leg with dress socks.

Feedback Score
    I regularly use an galco ankle glove for my G26. Have one for my sig 232. It's extremely comfy and a good value for the price.
    Philippians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Certified Armorer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast