Thread: Savannah area members

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Theres a private gun club in ridgeland, SC. I use to be a member(when I lived in SC) and its a nice place to shoot. If i remember dues were 300ish a year maybe less. My youngest brother is a current member. I miss that place. Its called Dos Lupes gun club http://targetgunrange.com/ Its an 11 acre property. 300 yard max rifle bays, pistol bays, a "tactial area" with re-arrangeable targets and cover positions, a shotgun/skeet area as well as a decent sized stocked pond and dirt go cart track. You get a key and badge with membership and access to the club property literally ANYTIME, day, night, holidays whatever. I use to go a lot during the week while most folks were at work, had the whole property to myself Best place I know of to shoot in that area. The owner is a lawyer and nice guy. His name is Russ, if you call him, he will ask you to come out most likely on a sunday so he can show you around(golf cart tour lol). If you arent a jackass you get the application to fill out. Read that app word for word, theres a trick to it to make sure you actually read it!!! If all goes well, you got a fun place to shoot. Sundays are when most memebers are present, the owner would bring plenty of food to grill out for us. Nothing like a good meal cooked on an open fire with like minded shootn buddies
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was kinda looking for something closer than Ridgeland. Thats about a two hour drive for me. On the other hand if that is my only option than i will check it out. I think there is a gun club in Brunswick that i may check out as well. Thank you for the info. I really wish there were more places to shoot!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Noliver....there is a descent 100 yard range in Richmond Hill out 144.
    I go there a good bit. Ga recently changed a few regs and now require aGORP pass to be able to shoot at most or all state shooting ranges. I have the Sportsman pass which includes hunting /fishing and it clears you of having the GORP to shoot.
    Im including the page of ranges...scroll to bottom...
    http://georgiawildlife.com/node/920

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Lowcountrytj, Thank you for the information I will Definitely check that out. Do you shoot there? Have you heard anything about the gun club in brunswick?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Noliver...Yes I do shoot there. I dont have a set schedule as to when. I play it by ear.
    You have to provide your own targets and target stands if you wish. They require target stands at about 50 yards and closer at approximately 2 to 3 feet high due to back stop not being high enough to catch ricochets.
    It has wooden bench rest and is covered.
    No I do not know of any gun club in Brunswick.
    Lemme know when you decide to go...I have a family member who works for DD we shoot on a regular basis ( or as much as family time and work allows! )
    P.s. Blankenship in Richmond Hill is a big DD dealer and they frequent there a good bit and they allow folks to fire their weapons. Call em about the 300 just a thought
    Last edited by lowcountrytj; 02-21-12 at 19:05.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just PCS'd to Stewart a little over a month ago. The only shooting I've done so far was IDPA in Springfield and USPSA in Brunswick. Seeing as the last post was over 3 years ago, any members still around?