Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P and Trijicon RMR

Feedback Score
    Grant: I noticed that Trijicon also makes the RMR (non battery) in a 7 moa as well as the 9 moa and 13 moa.

As far as optic base compatibility goes the Trijicon MRD & Jpoint are the same. Docter, Burris FF & Insight MRD are the same. Trijicon RMR is not compatible with any other base unless a spacer/adapter is used.

If MRD's and RMR's work out for you, then you should consider having your slide milled as it makes a big difference in sight picture acquisition (much closer to center bore height).

JMHO,
    MadDog

ETA: Here is my Trijicon setup after trial and error. Grant, I hope you don't mind a couple pictures.

Last edited by MadDog; 02-13-10 at 12:37.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    Grant: I noticed that Trijicon also makes the RMR (non battery) in a 7 moa as well as the 9 moa and 13 moa.

As far as optic base compatibility goes the Trijicon MRD & Jpoint are the same. Docter, Burris FF & Insight MRD are the same. Trijicon RMR is not compatible with any other base unless a spacer/adapter is used.

If MRD's and RMR's work out for you, then you should consider having your slide milled as it makes a big difference in sight picture acquisition (much closer to center bore height).

JMHO,
    MadDog

ETA: Here is my Trijicon setup after trial and error. Grant, I hope you don't mind a couple pictures.

Right you are. I looked at the 7MOA RMR at show and saw a tail on it. Now I am not sure if that was because of the crappy lighting or the fact that it was an early model. I will order some and see how they look.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Pic of the gun in action.

C4

Feedback Score
    Grant,

Specs on your M&P set-up please.(in case they have not been posted already). I'm trying to get my wife to step up to a .45 but my 21SF is still to big for her hands. The M&P is the option I am looking at.

I'm still in suppressor unfriendly state but my work partner and I have some plans in the works to possibly go a different route.

thanks.
    S/F

Al

"Hold on to your hate, it helps you stay focused"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm going to have to try this setup. When my PT.com edition guns finally arrive and I've had the chance to prove one of them reliable enough to be my carry gun, I'll turn my current 9mm M&P into a test bed, hopefully...and this is something I'm hoping to test. I played with Grant's gun a little bit at the recent mod/staff class, and it seemed to work better than some of the other RDS on pistol slide options I've seen.
    Last edited by John_Wayne777; 02-18-10 at 12:19.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al U. 5811 View Post
    Grant,

Specs on your M&P set-up please.(in case they have not been posted already). I'm trying to get my wife to step up to a .45 but my 21SF is still to big for her hands. The M&P is the option I am looking at.

I'm still in suppressor unfriendly state but my work partner and I have some plans in the works to possibly go a different route.

thanks.
    Setup:

S&W M&P 9mm SKU 309301
    Heinie Front Sight
    APEX SEAR
    Trijicon RMR (Dual Illuminated)
    Trijicon "rigged" mount
    Storm Lake Threaded Barrel
    CT Grips
    SpringCo Recoil Reducing Guide Rod

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 02-18-10 at 12:30.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    I'm going to have to try this setup. When my PT.com edition guns finally arrive and I've had the chance to prove one of them reliable enough to be my carry gun, I'll turn my current 9mm M&P into a test bed, hopefully...and this is something I'm hoping to test. I played with Grant's gun a little bit at the recent mod/staff class, and it seemed to work better than some of the other RDS on pistol slide options I've seen.
    When I get my new 7MOA RMR, I will send you the one on my gun so you can play with it to see if you like it or not.

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    When I get my new 7MOA RMR, I will send you the one on my gun so you can play with it to see if you like it or not.

C4
    Best offer I've had all day.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    How easy are the RMR sights to zero? I have a Burris Fastfire (I know it's a different design) and it was a bit of a guessing game, even with the little screwdriver/dial tools. I have yet to replace the battery on it but I hear you may need to re-zero after that too.

From the pictures, it looks like it has elevation and windage adjustments that will be easy to use. Since they require no batteries, that eliminates the need to ever remove the sight.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bnanaphone View Post
    How easy are the RMR sights to zero? I have a Burris Fastfire (I know it's a different design) and it was a bit of a guessing game, even with the little screwdriver/dial tools. I have yet to replace the battery on it but I hear you may need to re-zero after that too.

From the pictures, it looks like it has elevation and windage adjustments that will be easy to use. Since they require no batteries, that eliminates the need to ever remove the sight.

Thanks
    VERY EASY. They actually have a "click" when you rotate the elevation/windage dials. The Burris, JPOINT and DR are all a "guessing game" when zeroing.

C4

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast