Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P and Trijicon RMR

Feedback Score
    thanks Grant,
    that's good info

while we are on the subject, the T1 has held up fine to lots of shooting through my 44 mag... since this pic was taken I took the mount to a buddy and he machined away all the rail slots forward of the T1 so it's a nice, super clean mount

not trying to hijack the thread just reporting that the T1 will hold up to a 44 and I have seen cheaper ones fail

it's counted for a few hog kills and can consistently hit a 12" diamter steel plate at 100 yards off hand

me and my son last September hunting with Bill Wilson
    Charles Coker

Disclosure statement:
    Pro Staff - Silencer Shop
    Dealer - Armasight and Steiner Optics
    Affiliated with Trijicon, Wilson Combat and Crux Suppressors

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Grant,

Can you post some pics from the back of the gun showing how the dot works and what happens when the gun tilts up and down?

Thanks!
    I tried, but was just too hard to to make it look right.

S&W showed some new pistol mounts for the RMR at Shot. So they will be available soon!

C4

Feedback Score
    Grant:

I am looking at doing this as well... do you have any idea when the mounts are slated to be released? Also, what did you have to do to make the mount you had on hand work?

Thanks,
    Dan

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Rat View Post
    Grant:

I am looking at doing this as well... do you have any idea when the mounts are slated to be released? Also, what did you have to do to make the mount you had on hand work?

Thanks,
    Dan

2-3 months on the mounts.

I have more of the mounts like I am using, but you have to use a spacer to get the holes on the RMR to line up.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

UPDATE!

I ran this gun at a class down at Blackwater. I had only two slight issues with it. While doing a moving and shooting drill, I lost the dot. I attribute this to me not controlling muzzle flip. The other issue was the dot size when trying to shoot NRA 25yd slow fire targets. It is very hard to shoot the X ring out with a 13MOA dot.

Now if you are not concerned with shooting X rings and do most of your shooting at 6-8" circles under 25yds, then I would say that the 13MOA dot size will work.

I am going to give the 9MOA dot size a chance next and see if that works for me a little better.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I have more of the mounts like I am using, but you have to use a spacer to get the holes on the RMR to line up.
    C4
    Re: the base mount(sans spacer), is it sized for a J-Point or a Docter/Fastfire? If it's the latter, I'll call dibs on one right now...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Rat View Post
    Re: the base mount(sans spacer), is it sized for a J-Point or a Docter/Fastfire? If it's the latter, I'll call dibs on one right now...
    The base is sized for the Trijicon red dot (which is the same as the Docter I believe).

C4

Feedback Score
    I just spent the last half-hour trying to figure this out for myself from crappy internet pictures and it looks like, to me, that the Trijicon Reddot is actually a JPoint pattern sight. I don't have either in my hands, but the mounting hardware appears to be in a slightly more central position longitudinally on the Docter mounts than those for the JPoint/Reddot. So, looks like the search continues...

For what it's worth, I have an Insight MRDS (which requires a Docter mount) coming to me for a project similar to yours Grant, and I will mount it on my M&P or die trying. Pics will be posted.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Nicely setup.

I run similar only RMR batt. pwred model on Ruger MK ll w/ can.

Very fast, light etc.

Outstanding.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I ran this gun at a class down at Blackwater. I had only two slight issues with it. While doing a moving and shooting drill, I lost the dot. I attribute this to me not controlling muzzle flip. The other issue was the dot size when trying to shoot NRA 25yd slow fire targets. It is very hard to shoot the X ring out with a 13MOA dot.

Now if you are not concerned with shooting X rings and do most of your shooting at 6-8" circles under 25yds, then I would say that the 13MOA dot size will work.

I am going to give the 9MOA dot size a chance next and see if that works for me a little better.

C4
    So, Grant, let me understand it better: during the entire class, there was only one instance where you were unable to track the dot in recoil, and you think it was a correctable shooter error of letting the gun run away from you at that particular moment?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast