Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P and Trijicon RMR

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked_police View Post
    In spite of some of the recent threads regarding a red dot optic on a handgun, I want to give one a try for fun and general plinking on the range.

I have a couple of Glock 34's, and one will be my test mule.

I was going to go with the Aimpoint Micro as I have a couple without homes right now, and will hopefully get a Glock mount for it soon.

But, I really like the size of the RMR....

If there ends up being a way to mount it lower without having to mill the slide, I really want to give one of these a try too.

And if it doesn't work out on the Glock, I have other SBR's and long guns it can go on.

I believe that certain Tier 1 groups are running these and Micro Aimpoints on combat pistols as we speak. Talking with Vickers, he believes that is the way things are going to go. The problem has always been though the ruggedness of the optic. I think the Micro and RMR fix this issue.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruncher Block View Post
    Does it interfere with slide manipulation at all? I'm especially wondering about clearing malfunctions.

I'm guessing it probably makes that whole "snag the sight and rack it one-handed on your belt" thing a little different.
    I messed with clearing a malfunction and really didn't have any issues. I grab over the top of the optic and pinch down on the serrations on the slide.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I believe that certain Tier 1 groups are running these and Micro Aimpoints on combat pistols as we speak. Talking with Vickers, he believes that is the way things are going to go. The problem has always been though the ruggedness of the optic. I think the Micro and RMR fix this issue.

C4

Great to hear, thanks Grant!

I couldn't find the RMR on your site, what's the price for the different models?
    I AM a CanadianGunSlinger!!!!!!

Cede Nullis

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The problem has always been though the ruggedness of the optic. I think the Micro and RMR fix this issue.
    IMO the real problem is the ability to consistently track the dot while shooting at speed. I will be interested in hearing your opinion.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked_police View Post
    Great to hear, thanks Grant!

I couldn't find the RMR on your site, what's the price for the different models?

They typically run $300-$400 + range.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    IMO the real problem is the ability to consistently track the dot while shooting at speed. I will be interested in hearing your opinion.

Yes. From my initial experience it is pretty fast.

C4

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    grant. what's up? i've been looking into alternatives to the aimpoint and eotech lineup... i dono... just wanting something different. does this sight wash out as badly as the reflex ii? i've read good things about the rmr, but want to make sure shooting out of shade into light, shooting from cover, etc. that i won't lose the reticle.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    Great in the dark. As I stated, washout appears to be an issue if you are in a small room and have a bright light attached to the weapon (this is where the CT grips come into play).

C4
    Oh my, an RMR, CT grips, and an X300......

Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    Someone posted some pics of a doctor type sight on a glock (?) and they showed how much (little) the gun had to tilt to lose the dot. Don't know if you could show the range of gun postions that you can still see the dot from.

Really interested in this. Everything else has red dots on them, why not your handgun? I wonder how much you can mill out of an M&P slide, and do some handguns let you mill out more than others? Could you drill some holes from the bottom of the slide and get rid of all that mount height?
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 01-18-10 at 02:36.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    God is Great, Beer is good and people are crazy.

Just kidding. It says 1th5:5: Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness

C4
    That would make a great song!

Mike

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lethal dose View Post
    grant. what's up? i've been looking into alternatives to the aimpoint and eotech lineup... i dono... just wanting something different. does this sight wash out as badly as the reflex ii? i've read good things about the rmr, but want to make sure shooting out of shade into light, shooting from cover, etc. that i won't lose the reticle.

The RMR does a much better job with washout than other Trijicon products I think.

If I was going to mount one of these on a rifle, I would go with the electronic version.

C4

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast