Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P and Trijicon RMR

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Mara View Post
    Any update on this? Is it indeed a dual iillumination red dot?
    I checked, that's a mislabeled Amber Dual Illum unit. No sign of a dual illuminated red... yet.

I will still probably go with a pair of LED units.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    I checked, that's a mislabeled Amber Dual Illum unit. No sign of a dual illuminated red... yet.

Thanks for the info. I hate to pester a company with the same question over and over.

Feedback Score
    David Bowie (http://www.bowietacticalconcepts.com) has released his new RDS/iron sight set-up for handguns. It is absolutely superb!

Here is one on an M&P45:

Last edited by DocGKR; 07-02-10 at 15:56.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post

I would go with this answer as well.
    They never emailed me; so I called them yesterday; the guy I talked to said it was red; then he read me the catalog and said the 9 and 13 were amber. He didn't seem to understand that I was asking if red was a misprint and didn't seem to want to go any further than reading to me what I had already read to him. He seemed perplexed when I said "no shit, I can read".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    David Bowie (http://www.bowietacticalconcepts.com) has released his new RDS/iron sight set-up for handguns. It is absolutely superb!

Here is one on an M&P45:

To me, I think you need to go with a black front sight, not a dot. That is just getting to cluttered. I was jerked around by some sellers of RMRs, so I don't have one yet. But I think I'll beta test on the rail on my Tac-sol STI 22 conversion kit. Try to do some 'Big Ghost ring" shooting to see how accurate that would be. Just wish Surefire would come out with a single CR123 cell light and laser combo. If your RMR and laser goes down, maybe it just isn't your day.

Would the front lense surface of the RMR take a sheet of protective film like they use on cell phone and camera LCD screens. Just put a protective film that has the lower 1/8 have a notch for a faux front sight?
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 07-04-10 at 15:05.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    What is the deepest you can relieve a slide to mount an RMR sight? I have a slide with a Novak rear cut for an STI ATS sight. The bottom of the dovetail seems lower than where the bottom of the RMR is?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Just put a protective film that has the lower 1/8 have a notch for a faux front sight?
    THIS ! We just need a sticker in a shape of an rear sight to stick on the RMR sight ! You should patent that idea.

OR I like how Bowie tactical does it with a "WHITE STICK" on RMR sight and express front sight.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    kennjen
    Actually that sticker idea at first didnt sound bad. Its interesting to actually watch the development and innovation of this as it appears to me that RDS will soon be on most all pistols in the near future.

The lens could be etched with a rear sight outline as well to eliminate the issues with a decal. The RDS could be designed with an actual machined sighting surface either in front or behind the lens as well.
    Numerous options exsist and Im sure will be marketed.

The big problem in my opion with doing anything to the lens or actual sight might be if there is total sight failure or a broken lens.

Best plan seems to be a totally seperate rear sight like David Bowie and others are doing.

Feedback Score
    It is a race to figure out if the unit itself is reliable enough and then between add-on lasers and back-up sights. I think a single cell 123 laser would go a long ways towards adding capability to the gun when you can't see the sight, and if the sight breaks.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    how about a second BIS on the side of the slide ? Just trying to think out of the box...

LOL ...Finding a holster will really suck... Until the idea really catches on and all the holster makers make hosters like that.

Please call it a "KEN" sight system if that ever happens. thanx.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast