When the new Trijicon RMR's came out, I immediately thought of mounting one to a pistol. Their small size and weight seemed like sure winner. Couple that with the fact they make one with out any electronics in it and you have a very reliable optic.

For whatever reason, Trijicon does not make a dedicated mount for the RMR and pistols. So I rigged one together from various mounts I had for their short lived "Red Dot" optic.

I chose the RM03 (which is the model with no electronics and a 13MOA dot). The reason I picked the larger dot is because I wanted to be able to find it quickly and at 25yds, the dot size is only 3.25MOA.

After mounting the RMR to the M&P, I began to wonder if I had any holster that would fit it. Luckily the Raven holster I had worked just fine.

The mounting situation is not ideal to me and believe that it sits too high, but is serviceable. If this concept works out well for me, I will have mounts made for it that allow it to sit flush on the slide.

Due to the weather here in Ohio, I haven't gotten a lot of trigger time with it, but what I have done I have liked. It moves well from target to target, is fast and accurate. My draw stroke is fairly similar to my normal one and imagine that it would be the same if the optic sat lower.

Wash out. I attached a SF X300 to it and put myself in a room about the size of a large bathroom. With the X300's light bouncing off the walls, I found the dot kind of hard to pick up. I imagine that if I was in a larger room, it would be better. IMHO, Crimson Laser Grips are must have (for no other reason than the reticle washing out in certain situations).

I will be running this pistol at an upcoming class down at BW and will report back on how it runs.

C4