Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Military Channel: Special Ops Mission

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Military Channel: Special Ops Mission

Anyone been watching this? I've seen a few of them and i'm not really impressed. These OPFOR guys they get seem kind of...I don't really know. They show them handling their rifles, and they don't appear like they know what they're doing (some of them). I often catch myself asking questions like "Why did he just come all the way out from behind cover to shoot?" Or, "Why did he use his fire-control hand to grab that mag? Or, "Why is his finger on the trigger?" It just doesn't seem like these Navy SEALS, Recon Marines, or Army Rangers should be doing these things. Is that just me?
    -

Evey -- Are you like a...crazy person?
    V -- I'm quite sure they will say so.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not sure about the universe" -- Einstein

Feedback Score
    I agree some thing is not right. I have seen the SF OP guy will have different guns in different scenes, can't quite figure that one out. If it is recorded the way they say it is how does he end up with different guns during 1 mission.
    Last edited by M16MANIAC; 11-29-09 at 19:33.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've watched all of them and I agree, almost seems a little staged and scripted. Sure, Wil's got a tough job with the amount of hours he puts in reconing, walking and hiking from spot to spot but the OPFOR guys operate like a director is telling them to go here or go there. I don't know, but just my take. Maybe because the good guy always win in the end, and that's not always real life.

On another note, the episode with the Pirate Ship...Jen X the blonde female ranger is HOT! I like I like!

Last edited by OutlawDon; 11-29-09 at 19:39.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Roger that, she's a cutie. I'd let her shoot me with sim rounds for a kiss.
    -

Evey -- Are you like a...crazy person?
    V -- I'm quite sure they will say so.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not sure about the universe" -- Einstein

Feedback Score
    Yep, I'd hit it

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawDon View Post
    I never thought that I'd be envious of a magazine!!
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawDon View Post
    I've watched all of them and I agree, almost seems a little staged and scripted. Sure, Wil's got a tough job with the amount of hours he puts in reconing, walking and hiking from spot to spot but the OPFOR guys operate like a director is telling them to go here or go there. I don't know, but just my take. Maybe because the good guy always win in the end, and that's not always real life.

On another note, the episode with the Pirate Ship...Jen X the blonde female ranger is HOT! I like I like!

She looks like a force of nature alright (although I'm not really into the tramp stamps), but someone ought to teach her how to shoot a handgun properly
    Formerly known as "Son of Vlad Tepes"

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    I watched the first 4-5 episodes but none since then.

I don't like shows that are "reality" but not. I either like REAL life action or just make it a good show like 24 that is entertaining. I tend to not like shows where its supposed to be real but is obviously scripted and fake.

The different guns in different scenes BS is because they go back and recreate scenes they need to make an episode.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Its a little cheesy when they say things like, "Now we need to change our Freq's." Then the narrator comes on and explains how "freqs" is how the real military men use this kind of lingo.

On the episode I'm referring to, one of the OPFOR guys goes missing for a while. Then only after one of their assets gets destroyed do they change the frequency of their radios.

The show is OK I guess. Not the best.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just watched a few recently and one of the dudes was given a 20" A1 style AR15 for a CQB style environment lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAGSt_pYEcc
    Last edited by Bowser; 12-18-09 at 22:31.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast