Thread: Considering adding a BCM M4 Mod2

Feedback Score

Considering adding a BCM M4 Mod2

Totally unfamiliar with the BCM lineup, other than the great reviews witnessed here. I currently own a LE6920 and am wanting to keep it bone stock. Looking to add a BCM M4 Mod2 to play "Barbie" with by adding an optic and other related furniture to play 3-Gun.

I am looking at this particular model since it already has a rail system and suitable BUIs.

So my question to the collective: How will this model compare to a LE6940? I am not a Colt Kool-Aid drinker. The 6940 and it's monolithic top end leaves little room for improvement as compared to the BCM, unless I am missing something.

I have looked at "The Chart" and the BCM is left enough for me, just seeking input on what I may be missing.

Not too concerned about gas system length. How is BCM's QC on complete rifles?

Thanks.
    Last edited by gtmtnbiker98; 10-05-10 at 10:55.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you are going for something a little different than what you already have, you may want to go with a longer rail.

BCM makes solid products, no concern there.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I've had two compete BCM guns and a third upper. Their gear, guns and coustomer service are top notch and their shipping is wicked fast. You will be happy with BCM if you go that route.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Their pricing is also awesome. They have some blemished lowers for sale for $250. The sale on their uppers is great too.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    I can get the complete rifle from my FFL for $1191.00. About $150 cheaper than the Colt 6940.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    I can get the complete rifle from my FFL for $1191.00. About $150 cheaper than the Colt 6940.

You could also just order the lower through your FFL, and have the upper mailed to your house. You should be able to save some money that way.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    You could also just order the lower through your FFL, and have the upper mailed to your house. You should be able to save some money that way.
    Just picked up a BCM 16" middie upper with BCM BCG for $580 delivered and a blemished lower with BCM stock for $295 delivered + $10 for FFL. That's $875 less the hand guard. Got them from G&R Tactical. Bravo Company has several rail options for their uppers. Check them out. I think Bravo has a sale on uppers right now.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I should clarify my earlier post. I bought a lower twice ant then bought uppers a CH and BCG's from Bravo Company and G&R. They did not have complete guns at the time. It was easier on the wallet for me. Does the complete BCM gun come with a Mod 4 Gunfighter?

You will be well served with either gun. I vote for the BCM to add to your Colt.