Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock sights.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    whats the consensus on the factory Glock night sights?

im looking at getting a new 19 and im not sure if i should get the night sights already installed,or just get the pistol and go with an aftermarket set?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Whats your favorite sight setup on your Glocks? I am curious as to what all is being used. Just trying to see if there is a general consensus, and what all is available that may have slipped by me. Right now I am running Trijicons on all of mine.
    At the low light class I won a drill and picked up a set of 10-8 sights from the prize table. I've got them on my G17 right now and they are pretty good....

I still prefer the plain Warren Tactical rear sight and Ameriglo front sight arrangement. I will probably be going back to that soon.

The Ameriglo "operator" sights might also be worth a look.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
    whats the consensus on the factory Glock night sights?

im looking at getting a new 19 and im not sure if i should get the night sights already installed,or just get the pistol and go with an aftermarket set?
    To the best of my knowledge the night sights installed at the factory are just Trijicon night sights. They are steel and are decent, but I'm not fond of 3 dot arrangements or the rear sight.

I prefer to run a single night sight on the front of the weapon and a Warren tactical rear. I was able to use this arrangement very effectively in the low light class. If you are serious about finding the best sight setup my suggestion is to buy a sight pusher for the Glock and a front sight tool for the Glock and try out several different sight arrangements to see what you like best. Most people just make due with what they have instead of trying lots of different sights to find the optimum arrangement for them.

If you aren't comfortable installing your own sights on the Glock, get the night sights from the factory, dab a sharpie on the rear dots and leave it alone....but sight replacement on the Glock really is so easy a reasonably intelligent chimp can do it, so there's really nothing to be afraid of so long as you have the right tools.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Why not Trijicon? Their sights typically have a nice white ring.
    If the Ameriglo sights I have are representative, they *appear* to have a thicker white line around the tritium lamp....making it easier to see during the day. I could be wrong because I haven't broken out a micrometer and checked, but that's the way it appears to my eyes.

Trijicon inserts the lamps in Ameriglo sights.

Feedback Score
    Wow....this one got raised from the dead.

I've since discovered that taking a black sharpie to the white rings on the rear of a standard Trijicon set makes for a very nice setup, to me.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've tried a bunch of different Glock sights and prefer the Warren/Sevigny carry sights on my G34.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    To the best of my knowledge the night sights installed at the factory are just Trijicon night sights. They are steel and are decent, but I'm not fond of 3 dot arrangements or the rear sight.

I prefer to run a single night sight on the front of the weapon and a Warren tactical rear. I was able to use this arrangement very effectively in the low light class. If you are serious about finding the best sight setup my suggestion is to buy a sight pusher for the Glock and a front sight tool for the Glock and try out several different sight arrangements to see what you like best. Most people just make due with what they have instead of trying lots of different sights to find the optimum arrangement for them.

If you aren't comfortable installing your own sights on the Glock, get the night sights from the factory, dab a sharpie on the rear dots and leave it alone....but sight replacement on the Glock really is so easy a reasonably intelligent chimp can do it, so there's really nothing to be afraid of so long as you have the right tools.

thanks,

Trijicon is all ive used and i like them pretty well.not alot of money in the budget for night sights,so i'll probably stick with them for the time being.

but if install is that easy,im sure i'll play arround in the future.

Wow....this one got raised from the dead.
    yeah,sorry about that.

some good info though,so i figured a bump was better than a new thread.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    AMERIGLO all the way. On all 3 of my Glocks.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sevigny Carry sights (Straight 8 formatted tritium inserts) for my Glocks.

Feedback Score
    What I run on my two Glocks are the Trijicon green dots. I use a Sharpie to black out the white rings on the rear sights.

What I would prefer to run (not agency approved or I would), is the Trijicon front and a 10-8 rear.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast