Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock sights.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Between the stock Glock sights, Meprolights and Heinie slants, I'll take the Heinies. The Mepros are great, bright, all that. The front sight is just too wide. I feel like I get a better sight picture with plain old serrated front and rear Heinies. I've got bad eyes, but I don't find myself needing the "race cut" rear. Best 47 bucks I ever spent on that Glock.
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dport View Post
    I had Straight Eights on my Glock. I didn't like them. The newer Slant Pro looks better.

Slant Pros and Straight 8's are the same sight. The Straight 8's are nothing more than Slant Pro's with 2 tritium inserts.

Heinie's older sights (pre Slant Pro), offered a simular sight picture, but the rear sight was not slanted like the newer version and didn't give as large of a sight picture as the newer Slant Pro's.

Are you possibly comparing the older Heinie's to the newer Slant Pro / Straight 8's?

Semper Fi,
    Jeff

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I like the look of those Warren sights, I just wish they were serrated.

if I ever go back to the Glock I will definately be looking at those sights. Plain rear with tritium front is ideal for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC03 View Post
    Slant Pros and Straight 8's are the same sight. The Straight 8's are nothing more than Slant Pro's with 2 tritium inserts.

Heinie's older sights (pre Slant Pro), offered a simular sight picture, but the rear sight was not slanted like the newer version and didn't give as large of a sight picture as the newer Slant Pro's.

Are you possibly comparing the older Heinie's to the newer Slant Pro / Straight 8's?

Semper Fi,
    Jeff
    Yes sir, that's why I said "newer" in my post. The Straight 8's I had had a rear sight that was friggen HUGE, at least it seemed that way to me. The newer design doesn't seem that way to me. I apologize if I didn't make that more clear.
    They had no right to win. Yet they did, and in doing so they changed the course of a war...even against the greatest of odds, there is something in the human spirit - a magic blend of skill, faith and valor - that can lift men from certain defeat to incredible victory.

Feedback Score
    I like the all black Slant Pro rear. Who makes a good metal white dot front?
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    ........... Who makes a good metal white dot front?
    Ameriglo

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Been trying to figure that one out, myself. I like the Hienie plain black slantpro rear but would prefer a more pronounced white dot/tritium instead of the Hienie tritium front. Heinie lists their front sight at .215, Ameriglo's catalog only lists that height in the plain serrated front. Their trit/white is .220 and their white dot is .165 only.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYTEAM View Post
    Man, all of your exotic combinations makes me feel bad about my green front/yellow rear mepros.

Jay
    I have another set of those that are very very bright still if you are interested in a second set.

I use the Warren Tactical- Black rear green front.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Been trying to figure that one out, myself. I like the Hienie plain black slantpro rear but would prefer a more pronounced white dot/tritium instead of the Hienie tritium front. Heinie lists their front sight at .215, Ameriglo's catalog only lists that height in the plain serrated front. Their trit/white is .220 and their white dot is .165 only.
    Why not Trijicon? Their sights typically have a nice white ring.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Why not Trijicon? Their sights typically have a nice white ring.
    The Mepro's on my G17 have a great white ring around the vial, but are too low for use with the Heinies. Same deal with the Trijicons I think. I was looking at Ameriglo because they seem to have more "a la carte" type options with different heights, configurations, etc.
    --Josh H.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast