Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Vltor Billet uppers

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Eric,

Thanks for the info!

I'm impressed that you guys went with 7075-T6! The MUR looks like a very high quality piece of art!

Now all you need is a matching lower...

Feedback Score
    very cool. Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    I've got a very special build planned with one of these I'll post pics when it all comes together.
    Save the Pandas!

-Tally Fortenberry
    -Capco Small Arms Research Group

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    1. Will these fit in a standard receiver block for mounting barrels, will alterations be required, or will it need an all new beast.

2. Thankyou for not making the price obscene, I know you could have, and you still would have sold them by the box.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Is there any chance that we could see a Vltor lower to go with these uppers in the future?

Feedback Score
    Can I have a free one to beat up?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    me first!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Eric,

Thanks for taking the time and posting the pics; but more than that, thanks for giving us a viable upper! Unfortunately the masses want quantity over quality, but there are a few of us that appreciate the extra effort and expense that it takes to design/manufacture to specifications for those that depend upon performance.

Regards,
    Aubrey
    Aubrey<><

Feedback Score
    Eric,

Thank you for posting the info and the pics those uppers look good, looking forward to getting one.
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, none will suffice.

VLTOR Guest
    Many thanks to those that offer kind words. M4C.Net is the first forum I’m officially a part of. I look forward to many future posts with those that appreciate great topics.

Regarding a possible Vltor lower:
    Many have asked that questions, especially after the introduction of the VIS. My take on lower receivers is not to offer the same old thing, but to offer something totally different. Unlike the VIS or MUR, I’ve had an idea for an improved lower receiver design, since the days I worked at Gun World Magazine. Man, I feel old… That was 15 years ago!

To answer the question, Yes, I plan to offer a lower, but I’d rather offer a complete firearm, instead of just lowers. Who knows, when the time comes I may change my mind.

Stick:
    The installation of the barrel can be performed with the use of the DPMS “Panther Claw” upper receiver mount (as seen in the first picture). You could also use the old fashion way (the way we installed most of the SR25 barrels), by sandwiching the upper in between two blocks (as seen on the lower picture). Both ways worked well for us.

Eric

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast