Quote Originally Posted by K.L. Davis
mtdawg169

Vltor has the MUR, a reinforced billet upper receiver.

I will see if anyone else wants to add to this, but if not I can throw some pictures of it up and give you a little info on it. It is the sole effort of Vltor but is designed to interface with all of the conventional barrels, handguards, doo-dads and junk just like any of the upper receivers out there now.

What I can say is that the MUR is not an ubber tight, must be hand fit upper receiver... it is made to the exact design specifications and held to those specs -- Without pissing on anyone's parade, there are very few uppers that are really held to spec and more than a few that are just reverse engineering.

Simply put, anyone can download a CAD/CAM file from the internet and machine receivers... but how close they are to actual specs is a shot in the dark, or you can measure the hell out of a handfull of Colt uppers and run what you guessed -- also, if someone works with the published specifications, they can play with tolerences and make the receiver easier and cheaper to make. The MUR is none of these...
So... what you're saying is that Vltor has designed the MUR to it's own specs & it should be compatible with exiting lowers, barrels, rails or are you getting at something else in regards to specs (Colt vs. others)? Sorry, I'm not quite as spec / dimension savvy as some of the pros around here. From what I understand, many upper receivers are not quite true and the Vltor should eliminate problems due to tight tolerances & machining. Basically a better platform to start building from.

BTW, does anyone have a clue what price point we should expect?