Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cut-Away IFAK

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Cut-Away IFAK

Hey guys I'm in the search for an IFAK that has a cut away system. I am moving the location of my IFAK behind me and would like a cut away system to access it when injured. I have found that the draw of my handgun is hindered by my current location of my IFAK so I plan to move it behind me. Thanks

EDIT:

http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/p...nly,201,56.htm

I will be purchasing the diamond back cutaway platform. I won't have to get rid of my IFAK that I currently have so it works out.
    Last edited by patriot_man; 01-04-11 at 05:17.

Feedback Score
    We use the outstanding removable ATS medical pouch: http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/...ALL/Detail.bok

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Thanks for the reply. I think the ATS product I just bought is quite similar except I use a pouch I already have.

Feedback Score
    I use the ATS pouch, and I absolutely love it.

When I was in Iraq in '08, I was doing some woodworking in my CHU (trailer), and managed to drill into the web of my hand. Stupid. I grabbed the removable IFAK and headed for the latrine trailer about 100m away, keeping direct pressure on the wound. After rinsing the worse of the sawdust out into the sink, I bound the wound and headed over to wake the PA up to continue cleaning it and patch it back together.

I found the removable feature very, very useful, in that I could move away from my armor with basic medical supplies. My thought on these is that they are an excellent way to carry equipment designed to treat other people - but should not be the only way of carrying the stuff you will use to save your own life. A tourniquet or two on your person, along with a battle dressing of some sort, should ALWAYS be available in case you are doing self-aid. Don't rely on medical supplies placed on your back, or anywhere else you cannot reach them with both hands.

Feedback Score
    We have some local docs that love the ATS pouch because they can just take the kits off their mates and do inventory/swap/refill. They just have extra pouches that are already filled so no one is ever without a med pouch.

Some other guys are mounting those ****ers inside vehicles.

One huge advantage over the Diamondback product is the ability to just slap it back on the velcro platform and snap a buckle, instead of routing the cable back through, which is a bitch.
    Josh
    (w)910.323.4739
    www.GreyGroupTraining.com

Feedback Score
    Since we're still throwing ideas out there, we use the Mojo break away med pouches from Combat Medical Systems for alternate location mounting
    Tin-The new fashion statement.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zushwa View Post
    We have some local docs that love the ATS pouch because they can just take the kits off their mates and do inventory/swap/refill. They just have extra pouches that are already filled so no one is ever without a med pouch.

Some other guys are mounting those ****ers inside vehicles.

One huge advantage over the Diamondback product is the ability to just slap it back on the velcro platform and snap a buckle, instead of routing the cable back through, which is a bitch.
    On a similar note, we have training kits identical to the 'live' kit. When we get ready to go on the range and do a self aid / buddy aid drill we simply pull off the 'live' kit and use the training kit. It's a great way to build muscle memory , familiarity with where contents are in the pouch. Finish the drill, and the training kit comes off the velcro panel, and the live kit goes back on.

We use the small ATS tear off.

It's also nice if you go to move the casualty, we just slap his kit back onto his armor. supplies don't get left on the ground.
    Last edited by Solo1st; 01-08-11 at 13:12.

Feedback Score
    How much stuff do you guys shove in that little pouch?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Condor has one too...

http://www.condoroutdoor.com/ma41rip-awayemtpouch.aspx

PS I think they are under or around $20.00 in most places.
    Last edited by motorwerks; 01-28-11 at 18:56.
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLYDYNAMIC View Post
    That is frozen Vodka.................... they were out of the "on the rocks".....................

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Dont forget BFG

I used to roll with the ATS break away good piece of kit but now I use the BFG Trauma Kit now, in fact i have several of them on different pieces of kit. Easy one-handed operation, no zippers to open just kind of clam shells and can be stuffed back in its pouch when no longer needed or you have to move. Plus if you have to get up and move the stretchy bands hold your essentials quite secure.

S/F

"Ruck you Pat rogers, we no need push/purr!!!"

"Nazi lube for a Nazi gun" - LAV

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast