Thread: Officer Down Bleeder Kit

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Officer Down Bleeder Kit

I have been wanting to build a bleeder kit for some time for use on injured officers which is small and within my skill level to use. Being trained only as a Basic First Responder/Basic First Aid/CPR/AED by the Red Cross and having "NEVER" been issued any first aid gear except a protective mask for rescue breathing 20yrs ago by my department I feel the need to be able to do something to help save a follow officers life besides the current SOP of placing a shot or stabbed officer into a patrol vehicle and taking off for the nearest hospital which is 15 minutes away at best from the area I patrol. As many already know the Philadelphia PD has lost several Officers in the past two years and having been involved in a gun fight and seeing another officer shot right in front of me I just have to have some gear which may make a difference one day.

I was thinking the following gear times three,

Gloves, Rescue Breathing Mask, Sheers and some medical Tape

Celox Hemostatic Granules (35g)

Celox Gauze (MCC-ROLL)

Multi-Trauma Pad

SOF Tourniquet, Gen II

My care would be done en route to the hospital which would be basically exposing the area and pouring in the Celox Hemostatic Granules then placing a roll of Celox Gauze over the wound and applying direct pressure with the Multi-Trauma Pad. If necessary I would use the SOF Tourniquet on a extremity if I could not control the bleeding with the above. I guess I should have a few chest seals but I don't know it they will adhear over the Celox Hemostatic Granules which turns to a gel on use. Please add suggestions on gear and options I'M sure I have missed.
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 11-19-09 at 18:20.