Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PNW Introduction / Roster... Sign in, sign up!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

New to the M4

Hi,
    I am a new member and want to check in. I am not sure I am ready to join in with the training groups for much shooting yet, unless it is very basic. Just had my S&W MP-15 for about 3 months now. If there are any shoots scheduled for the basic carbine stuff I would be honored to attend. I live on Whidbey Island so it might be hard to get down to Oregon, but most stuff in WA would be fairly easy for me to get to. I have been shooting steel challenge pistol competitions but nothing but sighting in and plinking with the rifle so far. I do have access to my local range and could probably schedule a block of time if any one wants to come up to the island this year. Hope to see some of you this spring and summer.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Hello, my name is John and I’m a gun-aholic. I live in Keizer, OR. I have recently turned to the Darkside (AK & Glock, well AK really been into Glocks forever) and I am seeking like minded folks in my general AO interested in throwing high volumes of lead. I am a civilian enthusiast into carbine and pistol training, up until now I have primarily been doing so out in the woods or on private property. I have the proper mindset & gear and would like to continue to expand on my tactics and skill.

This:
    Range rules are what we call "Big Boy Rules." We follow the 4 RULES OF FIREARMS SAFETY, and nobody gets shot. We operate a "hot" range: weapons condition 1 and muzzles down when not on-target. We have/will utilize 180+ degrees of fire with 360 degrees of movement. If this bothers you, don't participate- it's not changing. We're training for real-life, and you don't clear and confirm and hang condition 4 after a firefight.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 07-19-10 at 23:42. Reason: crappy spelling

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Practical Rifle is currently being scheduled for August at CRPC. Help is needed to get things rolling.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=716700#post716700

Feedback Score

Introductioin

My name is Gracie. I'm 22. I'm an NRA certified RSO and instructor of Basic Pistol, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Home Firearm Safety. I also teach Oregon CHL classes and assist Gregg Smith with his Defensive Pistol classes. I am currently an e-board member at Clatskanie Rifle and Pistol Range.

I live in WA with my fiance, three dogs and two cats. My hobbies generally include shooting (obviously), quilting, quading, jet skiing, shopping, collecting tea sets, collecting shoes, flying (what little I've done) and horseback riding.

I also love long walks on the beach at night, cuddeling by a fireplace...oh wait. Wrong thread. Lol.
    Last edited by pistolcouture; 07-30-10 at 22:04.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Hello, my name is John and I’m a gun-aholic. I live in Keizer, OR. I have recently turned to the Darkside (AK & Glock, well AK really been into Glocks forever) and I am seeking like minded folks in my general AO interested in throwing high volumes of lead. I am a civilian enthusiast into carbine and pistol training, up until now I have primarily been doing so out in the woods or on private property. I have the proper mindset & gear and would like to continue to expand on my tactics and skill.

This:
    welcome John

it'd be cool to see some AK action at our shoots

Quote Originally Posted by pistolcouture View Post
    My name is Gracie. I'm 22. I'm an NRA certified RSO and instructor of Basic Pistol, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Home Firearm Safety. I also teach Oregon CHL classes and assist Gregg Smith with his Defensive Pistol classes. I am currently an e-board member at Clatskanie Rifle and Pistol Range.

I live in WA with my fiance, three dogs and two cats. My hobbies generally include shooting (obviously), quilting, quading, jet skiing, shopping, collecting tea sets, collecting shoes, flying (what little I've done) and horseback riding.

I also love long walks on the beach at night, cuddeling by a fireplace...oh wait. Wrong thread. Lol.
    that's gangsta.

Feedback Score

Whidbey Shoot

All,
    MookNW and I are trying to get a shoot together at Central Whidbey Sportsmans club on the 23rd or 24th of October. Let us know what would work for you and I hope we can get a few of us together this fall.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=62790

Feedback Score
    My name is Mike I live the Tacoma area and Im in the Washington National Guard. Ive taken Magpul Dynamic's Pistol 1 and will be taking Dynamic Carbine 2 in two weeks. Im always looking to improve my shooting skills.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by O'doyle View Post
    My name is Mike I live the Tacoma area and Im in the Washington National Guard. Ive taken Magpul Dynamic's Pistol 1 and will be taking Dynamic Carbine 2 in two weeks. Im always looking to improve my shooting skills.
    welcome, mike

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My name is Randy. I live on Whidbey Island, within 10 miles of the Central Whidbey Sportsman Range. I've been lurking on the forum for a while and have been meaning to join the Central Whidbey Sportsman's Association, but although I live in in the Coupeville area, and my main office is in Seattle, I fly to my other office on the east coast nearly every Monday morning. I haven't been in town on the second Monday of any month last year(where one is required to attend there meeting in order to join).

I'm a civilian/hobby shooter. I haven't shot much lately so I signed up for some instruction to force myself to get organized and out on a range and put some bullets through my Colt 6920 that looks real nice and rested in the safe. I will be taking the Vickers Basic Carbine and Basic Handgun classes in early March (way over on the east coast however), and the Vickers Carbine 1 in Okanogan later this year. I want to take some Magpul and other classes also sometime, but too much of a good thing in one year would take more than all my vacation time this year, (not to speak of $).

I need to get out and zero my carbine at 100 yards in prep for the Vickers class so I'll be tracking down a range somewhere. I'll also now be forced to stop reading about Eotech vs. Aimpoint in every forum online and vote with my $, and gather all the rest of the gear necessary for these courses.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Welcome Randy, and Aimpoint FTW!
    (sorry, couldn't resist)
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast