Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DDM4 vs PMAG?

Feedback Score

DDM4 vs PMAG?

I recieved my ddm4 2 days ago and have not shot it yet but I have noticed that the pmag that came with it does not lock back the bolt. I removed the upper to have a better look, this showed that the follower is not making contact with the slide stop. When I put in a gi mag no problem.I have only used standard GI mags previously and wanted to like the pmags but with this Im not sure. Any thoughts?

Feedback Score
    My DDM4 locks back fine on an empty PMAG.
    All my Pmags are the Rev. M version.
    Last edited by nutnless220; 10-21-09 at 21:48.
    Domari Nolo

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Are you sure the PMAG is fully seated? Its a stretch but may its a bad PMAG.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    I got two PMags in FDE last year. When I loaded them up the first time, I noticed that the rounds were tilting a little and not seating right. Upon closer inspection, I saw that there was some flashing from the mold under the feed lips near the back of the magazine interior. The rounds and likely the follower were hitting that and not getting to the bottom of the feed lips. I just grabbed a razor and cut the flashing out and 2 seconds later they were 100%. Worth checking out as it might be keeping your follower too low.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have about 20 pmags (some rev M, some not) and the bolt locks back with all of them in my DDM4--guess that doesn't help you much does it. Doubt its a bad mag, I would just check for some excess flashing as emt370 suggested
    Last edited by Icculus; 10-21-09 at 22:36.

Feedback Score
    I missed one key fact, the follewer is foward of the slide stop. I did take the mag apart ane see no problems.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanman View Post
    I missed one key fact, the follewer is foward of the slide stop. I did take the mag apart ane see no problems.
    You mean like this:

This is with my Superior Arms lower. Either the bolt catch groove or the bolt catch itself is out of spec, because the catch has enough room to wobble back and forth which causes the follower to ride up in front of the catch. This happens with both versions of PMAGs and D&H GI mags with green followers. I have a RRA LPK in this lower. All my mags work fine in my DPMS lower.
    I like girl scout cookies.

Feedback Score
    Thats exactly what is happening. Its BS Im not too happy with DD so far, this and no heavy buffer. WTF

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does the bolt catch have a significant amount of wobble?
    I like girl scout cookies.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Both of the vendors in question, Magpul and Daniel Defense, never claim to be perfect -- and as such, I am certain both will expend all reasonable efforts to make good if contacted about the problem, once the issue is isolated.

Try this with other PMAGs, if possible, since this phenomenon does not occur with your GI mags -- so the PMAG may be the issue.

I have three friends who purchased DDXVs. Two had stamped H buffers, and one buffer was not stamped. I contacted DD about the buffer, and they said they only used H buffers, although some were not stamped. When weighed on an RCBS scale, the unstamped buffer also weighed 3.7 ounces overall.

It is a rare occurrence perhaps, but people, systems, and mechanisms are fallible. Both Magpul and DD have excellent customer service, if such issues are brought to their attention. They certainly should get a chance to correct the problem(s).

As the sun shines even on a dog's behind -- sometimes, it rains.
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast